Webmastersite.net
Register Log In

My site, my layout, before I buy

Title My site, my layout, before I buy
Message Text Hi all, I've been trying out the basic edition for a few days and have not been able to figure a few things out. Some I will figure out later, but my main issue currently is with templating. After searching and trying various methods, I'm more unclear. I would like to use my own page layout (simple 2 columns, perhaps 3, an image header, text footer) with Links. If at all possible, I'd like to stick with this layout on every page and simply call the variables and sections I want within the layout. Top list over here, categories over there, leaving the finer details to the script core. The majority of my customizations really need to be in the wrapper if I continue to use it, with other basic generated content in the body. I've not been able to call certain things from the wrapper though - I can list the categories but cannot add their descriptions as a link title, for instance. Moving the category list to the main.tpl template works fine of course. Moving items like this to main.tpl would mean having to also move it to every other template (?). The long and short of it is that I'd like to keep things simple - use my own layout and call parts where I need them within my layout. Is there a possible solution before I proceed further? Thanks in advance, syn
Rating
  • 0/5
0/5 based on 0 votes.
Ownership syn
Views 651 views. Averaging 0 views per day.