Captcha fails sometimes.

Comments on Captcha fails sometimes.

webflair
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 187
Total Comments: 465
Posted Apr 06, 2010 - 8:09 PM:

I'm not sure why, but a lot of my members have been complaining that although they are very careful to type in the the captcha letters and numbers correctly, the script tells them they did not type it correctly. Upon retrying, it then works.

So, I tested it myself... I submitted a link as a guest, it told me I entered the captcha incorrectly. The form reloads as it should, tells me that I entered the captcha wrong, so scroll down and enter the captcha again (this time it is different letters and numbers) and it works fine.

I have turned captcha off whilst I figure this out, can you let me know if there is anything you can think of that could cause this. I have a feeling you will tell me it's not an error with the script because i am sure you or other users would have noticed it.

Unfortunately, invisible field bait doesn't seem to work any more, I think the comment spammers have figured a way round that one, it used to work really well.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Apr 10, 2010 - 3:35 AM:

I can't reproduce a problem like that, so I need to see your URL to take a guess at what's different there. I'd imagine it'd have to have something to do with cookie content getting set at a different time or altered... but that shouldn't really depend on the site. Maybe I wouldn't see the problem on your site because it's a browser issue instead.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.