Comments on Can't log out

babrees
Expert

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 391
Total Comments: 1303
babrees
Posted Aug 08, 2009 - 8:29 AM:

This is the first time I have put wsn into a sub directory and I guess that I have to fill in admin > settings > sys config > Cookie Details but tbh am not sure what I have to fill in there!

Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Aug 08, 2009 - 8:57 PM:

Being unable to logout means that you have another installation somewhere that has a cookie present on the path of the installation you're logging out from. So it's probably not the install you're looking at that you need to set the cookie path for, it's another one.

A blank path and domain are your simplest solution if you have multiple installations on the same domain and you aren't integrating them. That'll make the cookies be set for the current directory and its children only.

If you have one copy of WSN installed in a subdirectory of another copy of WSN, things get difficult. You'd have to change the login cookie names to something else, like add a 2 at the end or something.

Note that changes don't affect existing cookies so you have to clear your cookies still.
babrees
Expert

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 391
Total Comments: 1303
babrees
Posted Aug 09, 2009 - 12:18 AM:

No Paul - I only have ONE copy of wsn installed.

The front of the site is wordpress and wsn is in a subdirectory under that.

http://www.123photographs.co.uk/photographydirectory/

Actually I do have another site with the same set up, but that wsn is still on version 5.0.60. That works find and I am able to log in and out ok
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Aug 10, 2009 - 4:11 AM:

Well it doesn't matter if you currently have another WSN, if you previously had one. The cookie has to be there from somewhere, sometime.

I registered a user 'test' and logged in and out on your site with no issues, so the problem can only be a cookie on your computer.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.