Webmastersite.net
Register Log In

Submit Link - Execution time fatal error
Execution time fatal error upon link submission.

Comments on Submit Link - Execution time fatal error

shlomot
To the here and now !

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 15
Total Comments: 49
shlomot
Posted Aug 02, 2009 - 3:06 AM:

Hello.

Whenever I click Submit Link on a category page, I am getting a persistent fatal error message: Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 90 seconds exceeded in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\celebrities-galore.com\htt pdocs\directory\includes\commonfuncs.php on line 3135.

While number of categories is already ~150K, there is only one link in the database. A similar error is received when I try to edit that link via admin->Bulk Edit Links: Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 100 seconds exceeded in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\celebrities-galore.com\htt pdocs\directory\includes\commonfuncs.php on line 3135.

Please help.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Aug 03, 2009 - 8:55 PM:

Are you using using the level-based category selector? The regular one be totally impractical and make the page take forever since it'd be listing 150,000 categories.
shlomot
To the here and now !

shlomot
Posted Aug 04, 2009 - 3:11 AM:

Yes, I am using level-based category selector. I have also turned off Category selector for 'Suggest' pages, set $overridesafety = false.

Actually, my only category switch that is checked is: Level-based category selector.

My checked Links switches are:
Assign to new account
META description button
Link checkers
Reciprocal links
> Reciprocated with
Google pagerank
Thumbshots.org thumbnails

Please help. I'm far behind schedule.

P.S. This time, my execution timeout error points to a different script file: Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 90 seconds exceeded in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\celebrities-galore.com\htt pdocs\directory\classes\generic.php on line 378

I am also getting the message below on top of every page now. I believe that that has happened since I uploaded tweaks.php with this single line: $overridesafety = false;

Cannot set cookie. This probably just means there's debug output above this, and this message will go away when the other problem is fixed.Cannot set cookie. This probably just means there's debug output above this, and this message will go away when the other problem is fixed.Cannot set cookie. This probably just means there's debug output above this, and this message will go away when the other problem is fixed.
shlomot
To the here and now !

shlomot
Posted Aug 05, 2009 - 3:01 AM:

Hello again Paul.

Please confirm that you are taking care of this terminal issue, and let me know if you need any other information from me.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Aug 06, 2009 - 5:49 AM:

If you've give me access that would certainly speed things up a lot, as always: scripts.webmastersite.net/w...?custom=yes&TID=inspection

Otherwise I have to find the time to write up a category-creation script and let it run overnight and then regenerate it all for a few more days to simulate your extremely unique scenario, and then probably find that the problem doesn't occur because I don't have some other settings that you have configured in a certain way.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.