Register Log In

Script Download?

Comments on Script Download?

gertiebeth

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 5
Total Comments: 15
Posted Jan 29, 2009 - 6:12 AM:

Hello. I paid the $200 for the WSN script and would like to know where I can download a copy. I do not like keeping fopen turned on and prefer to upgrade manually. I am currently having problems with the newest upgrade and feel like I'm in a holding pattern waiting for support. If I had access to a copy of the script I could try and troubleshoot this myself.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Jan 29, 2009 - 11:08 AM:

Downloads are always at http://scripts.webmastersite.net/wsnlinks/members/ .

I do not like keeping fopen turned on and prefer to upgrade manually.

I guess you mean both fopen url wrappers and curl. Why would you not like to have a working web server? You're saying you prefer to make things a hundred times more difficult for yourself than they should be... and you prefer to disable all sorts of functionality, like dead link checking and all the reciprocal link checking options, which most people consider essential to a links script. Why intentionally sabotage your server to prevent it from meeting the system requirements?

Preferring to upgrade manually also means preferring to introduce the chance for mistakes which kill your site. Machines handle such tasks far better than humans. Doing manual upgrades wastes hours of your life while putting your site at unnecessary risk.
icbbs
Beginner

Total Topics: 2
Total Comments: 7
icbbs
Posted Feb 12, 2009 - 4:45 PM:

I would also like to have a manual upgrade procedure. The auto-installer caused the ownership of all the files to be that of the user that the web server process runs as, and as a result, I wasn't able to overwrite or modify any files. I had to change ownership of everything, which means that the auto-update functionality broke. The FTP layer isn't working for me, so that's out, too.

Please provide a manual update procedure so users who have the skill level necessary and/or who wish to update manually are able to do so.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Feb 13, 2009 - 2:43 AM:

There is a manual upgrade procedure, which is described if you click the link I gave above to the customer downloads area. It gives you a zip file to download if your host doesn't support autoupgrading.

The auto-installer caused the ownership of all the files to be that of the user that the web server process runs as, and as a result, I wasn't able to overwrite or modify any files.

This is a PHP configuration problem: scripts.webmastersite.net/w...ions_easier_suphp-441.html
icbbs
Beginner

Total Topics: 2
Total Comments: 7
icbbs
Posted Feb 18, 2009 - 11:20 AM:

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Paul wrote:
There is a manual upgrade procedure, which is described if you click the link I gave above to the customer downloads area. It gives you a zip file to download if your host doesn't support autoupgrading.

The download area states:

To upgrade from 4.1.x or later (or from a 30 day trial version), click the upgrade button on the front page of your admin panel. If your web host doesn't support this, download the zip, extract it and read readme.html within it for upgrade instructions.

Following that instruction and looking at the readme.html file found in the downloaded zip, we find:

TO UPGRADE FROM 5.0.x: top
1. Click your admin panel's automatic upgrade button and follow on-screen instructions.

So there's no manual upgrade procedure defined to upgrade an existing 5.x installation to a newer 5.x version. In fact, maybe I'm just missing it, but I can't find any upgrade procedure that doesn't involve using the auto-upgrade script(s).

Paul wrote:
The auto-installer caused the ownership of all the files to be that of the user that the web server process runs as, and as a result, I wasn't able to overwrite or modify any files.

This is a PHP configuration problem: scripts.webmastersite.net/w...ions_easier_suphp-441.html

I looked into suPHP, and it's not going to be an option for our setup.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Feb 20, 2009 - 4:30 PM:

Not sure when it got removed. Re-inserting the procedure: "If your web host doesn't support automated upgrades, you can follow this manual process instead: upload to overwrite all files except your /templates/ and /integration/ directories. Upload to overwrite /templates/admin/. Login as an administrator and run upgrade.php, by going to http://yourinstallpath/upgrade.php in your web browser. Upgrade.php will inform you of any needed template changes."

If you do have the FTP extension, however, it works on every web host I've been given access to. Also,
I had to change ownership of everything,
You could just chmod it to 777 instead. Apache mode pretty much throws permissions-based security out the window from the start, so I'm just going to auto-chmod everything to 777 for people in apache mode to eliminate the complaints of not being able to edit via FTP.

If you can't figure out what you're doing wrong, you can get upgrades done by me for free: scripts.webmastersite.net/w...tom=yes&TID=upgradeservice
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.