digiguy
Experienced

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 16
Total Comments: 60
digiguy
Posted Jan 02, 2009 - 5:12 AM:

Hi Paul,

I would like to find out if there's a way ot bulk upload affiliate links with regular URLs.

I would envisage a CSV file populated like:

RealURL;AffiliateURL;Title;Description

Also, affiliate URLs don't pickup thumb shots for real (final) sites correctly, neither the stats appearing as they otherwise would.

Also the final URL should not be visible but appear something like:

http://www.site.com/xyz123/ and maybe with a METArefresh have an affiliate forward set with a 3 seconds forward to remote site.

thanks,
Joe
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Jan 02, 2009 - 7:54 AM:

You can add custom fields to the flat file importer, use them in the xml importer or rss submissions: scripts.webmastersite.net/w...nmanual410/importing_links

As for your meta refresh, just link to a custom template (applied over the details page) with a meta refresh in it. scripts.webmastersite.net/w...templates/custom_templates
digiguy
Experienced

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 16
Total Comments: 60
digiguy
Posted Jan 02, 2009 - 9:04 AM:

What I meant to say was it would be great to have a way of working with not one but 2 URLs.
1 URL would be the affiliate URL while the other the real (redirected) URL. If by default the affiliate URLs were uploaded in bulk then neither the Google page rank options nor the thumbshot images would appear correctly. However if from the start there was a secondary {affiliateURL} code introduced then this could allow this script to be further utilised.

The only way I can see achieving what I want is using the {TITLE} field as the realURL and the {NORMALurl} be the affiliate URL and just swapping values around in details template but this would be a poor fix which would not allow me to 'inject' the real URL within the Thumbshot image link.

I hope someone has a way around this.

Thx, Joe
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.