Comments on Category selector

hai
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 94
Total Comments: 339
hai
Posted Oct 25, 2008 - 9:42 PM:

For some reason the category selector on the submit/edit link page for my one 5.0 site is in catid order instead of alphabetical order. I have 2 other sites both still at 4.1.69 and their categories are in alphabetical order. I can't seem to find where/how to change that order, I don't remember ever having to manually change that, but who remembers anymore.

I also have a separate, but somewhat related question. I've tried turning on the level-based category selector switch, but I do not get a list of subcategories when I click on a top-level cat. Also if I hit submit link while on a sub-category page I do get the second list of subcategories, but if I change the top-level category the sub-level box does not change.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Oct 29, 2008 - 9:42 AM:

Admin -> Settings -> General -> "Category selector and sitemap order"

I do not get a list of subcategories when I click on a top-level cat.

Sounds like a template problem. Test against the default templates and see where yours differ.
hai
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 94
Total Comments: 339
hai
Posted Oct 29, 2008 - 10:18 AM:

Admin -> Settings -> General -> "Category selector and sitemap order"

Thank you! Seems the more you look for something the harder it is to find!

Sounds like a template problem. Test against the default templates and see where yours differ.

Yes, of course, I'm using the admin wrapper on the submission pages. Added the link to the javascriptheader.php script to the admin wrapper and it works now. And it doesn't look like adding that has affected my admin pages, but I'll keep an eye out.

Thanks again.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Oct 30, 2008 - 10:13 AM:

Ah, will fix the admin wrapper since there is a link in the admin panel that uses it.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.