Comments on page navigation shows when not necessary

hai
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 94
Total Comments: 339
hai
Posted Sep 19, 2008 - 3:21 PM:

It seems that a variation of the problem described in this post - www.webmastersite.net/forum...des-non-viewable-8284.html is showing up on the main page.

If you visit the link above you'll see there are page nav links, but when you click page 2 there are no categories there. The reason for this is because the number of non guest viewable category types is more than what I have set as far as the number of categories allowed per page. So as admin I actually get results on page 2, but as a guest there is nothing available to see. If you need an admin login to see what I mean let me know and I'll pm or email it to you.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Sep 20, 2008 - 12:59 PM:

I see. I'll have to add an invisibleto field for categories and process that.
hai
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 94
Total Comments: 339
hai
Posted Oct 14, 2008 - 9:04 PM:

Sorry to open this up again, but now I'm having this same problem with categories that contain links that are not live. I get navigation links equal to the total number of links in the category (including the non-lives) which sometimes causes the creating of an extra blank page.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Oct 15, 2008 - 9:13 PM:

It's not possible to calculate an invisibleto for effectivetime, and a live query would grind everything to a halt. The only way would be to detect when a link activates and update the number each time that happens, I suppose.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Oct 21, 2008 - 1:32 AM:

Made it to live queries when the effective time switch is on, since that's the only real solution. It'll significantly impact load time and server load though.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.