Webmastersite.net
Register Log In

paid subscriptions
are sponsorships the same as subscriptions?

Comments on paid subscriptions

donnar1964
Beginner

Usergroup: Member

Total Topics: 1
Total Comments: 1
Posted Oct 18, 2008 - 4:16 PM:

I have read about the different kinds of sponsorship options, but I still can't completely understand if they would be appropriate for my need. I am trying to create a business directory with paid listings. I would like the directory members to pay in several different ways which I have seen offered by some other directory programs:

1) Automatic recurring monthly payments, or by other time intervals, such as quarterly, annually, etc.
2) With coupons or promotion codes so that a new member could have a 3 month trial or a 6 month trial or a discounted price depending upon the type of coupon or promo code entered.

Are either of these options available? If so, then I am completely missing the boat on what exactly "sponsorship" refers to, so I would appreciate a little clarification of the sense of that term in the context of a business directory, if you wouldn't mind.

Thank you very much-- your product looks amazing.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Oct 19, 2008 - 2:29 PM:

[Copy of reply to emailed version of the same questions:]

Sponsorship for WSN Directory can be any of these four things:
1) Promoting a listing. Somebody who has a listing in the directory can pay to have it made into a more eye-catching listing, or a listing shown at the top of the category and search results.
2) Paying for a listing. You can make people pay to get their listing shown at all.
3) Promoting their account. People can pay to join a usergroup which has more powers than normal members. For example, the sponsor usergroup could have the ability to display more details or more photographs with their listing, or have all of its links promoted to be more eye-catching.
4) Paying to register. You can make people pay to register a user account at all.

> 1) Automatic recurring monthly payments, or by other time
> intervals, such as quarterly, annually, etc.
> 2) With coupons or promotion codes so that a new member
> could have a 3 month trial or a 6 month trial or a
> discounted price depending upon the type of coupon or
> promo code entered.
>
> Are either of these options available?

No. The sponsor makes a deposit via paypal/2checkout/nochex and this is credited to their account. The amount of credit in their account decreases at your chosen rate until their sponsorship expires -- if they made a deposit for the amount that covers six months, then that'll be six months later. They're then notified via email that they need to pay to renew.

You could manually adjust their account credit for a promotion, or I could add a simple coupon system to auto-credit them in a couple hours of custom work ($100).
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.