Comments on js export + permissions

hai
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 94
Total Comments: 339
hai
Posted Sep 13, 2008 - 11:49 PM:

As you know I'm pulling affiliate code from some of my links to another site using the javascript export. On the site where I'm listing the actual affiliate code I don't want the links to be viewable by guests. I've set my permissions that way and all works well. I have set the js export to pull all links of type 'affiliate', but since they're not viewable by guests the js won't pull the code unless I'm logged in. Is there any way to get the javascript to pull the code regardless of the member settings?
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Sep 14, 2008 - 9:59 PM:

I'll apply the "Generate with the permissions of a registered member?" from the static file generation page to the javascript export soon.

Edit: Actually they already work together, so all I'll be doing is copying it over the option so you don't have to switch pages to choose it.
hai
Forum Regular

hai
Posted Sep 20, 2008 - 2:21 PM:

Actually I'm not using the javascript export option from the admin panel, I'm sorry for not being more clear. Instead, I'm using the exporter option, so what I'm doing is adding the following code to a non-wsnlinks site -

<script language="javascript" src="http://www.highaspirations.com/portal/exporter.php?number[1]=1&field[1]=time&ascdesc[1]=descending&type[1]=links&thecondition[1]=type='affiliate'"></script>

Is there a way for this code to pull fields from links that guests would normally not have access to?
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Sep 23, 2008 - 6:54 PM:

Ought to work the same and respect the setting.
hai
Forum Regular

hai
Posted Sep 23, 2008 - 11:10 PM:

Ah yes, in a perfect world, but apparently, neither one of us has that kind of luck it seems!

When I go to the js export page in the admin panel I selected Yes for the "Generate with the permissions of a registered member?" option. I then went into one of the categories and gave the regular Member usergroup permission to view the category (as opposed to just the admin), but when I log out and visit the other site I still don't get the ads from that category.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Sep 25, 2008 - 8:37 PM:

You may need to add &exporting=1 to your URL.
hai
Forum Regular

hai
Posted Sep 25, 2008 - 11:06 PM:

That did it, thanks!
hai
Forum Regular

hai
Posted Sep 30, 2008 - 1:01 PM:

I'm sorry to open this thread back up, but I have 1 other issue.

Now when a link expires I have it set to be hidden, but the js is still pulling that link's information. I've tried adding &hidden=no as well as other variations of that to the url, but the hidden link still shows up. I've also tried changing the Member permissions to not have access to hidden links but that didn't work.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Oct 03, 2008 - 5:51 PM:

Can't reproduce, nothing I hide shows up.
hai
Forum Regular

hai
#10 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Oct 04, 2008 - 10:41 AM:

I'm sorry Paul. Apparently I'm my own worst enemy! I guess at some point during my testing I had created a toplist that allowed hidden links in my javascript_export.tpl. Changed the '1' to a '0' and all is fine now.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.