Comments on Fatal error on new install

mc19
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 41
Total Comments: 103
mc19
Posted Sep 17, 2008 - 5:18 AM:

I just purchased the upgrade access, and downloaded the zip and tried the manual installation.

What I have got is the fatal error when pointing to setup.php.

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: template in /xxxxx/xxxx/xxx/xxx/setup.php on line 36

Any idea what I did wrongly?
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Sep 18, 2008 - 3:34 AM:

The manual setup doesn't check for PHP 5 like the autosetup does, so make sure your hosting environment actually meets the minimum requirements -- you can do that by downloading the autosetup and visiting it.

The other possibility is that you didn't upload all the files, but I believe that'd give failed to open error instead.
mc19
Forum Regular

mc19
Posted Sep 18, 2008 - 5:57 AM:

oh, I see. I talked to my host, they asked me to add few commands into htaccess which I did and I can install the 5.07 without any problem.

However if I go to homepage. I will have this error.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /classes/generic.php on line 5

I opened that file but can't find an error on line 5. Any help?
mc19
Forum Regular

mc19
Posted Sep 19, 2008 - 12:56 AM:

for some reasons, after the installation the htaccess got rewritten. After adding the extra commands to htaccess again, then the site is working smoothly.

Thanks!
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Sep 20, 2008 - 8:55 AM:

You need to put any changes to the .htaccess at Admin Panel -> Settings -> SEO -> Other .htaccess content, or set on that page to not overwrite .htaccess.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.