Total Topics: 172
Total Comments: 462
peumus
Posted Sep 01, 2008 - 11:54 AM:

At editmembers template we have:

<IF not {INTEGRATION}>
<IF {THISMEMBERISADMIN}>
<tr>
<td class="labelscolumn"><span class="labels">{LANG_PROFILE_USERGROUP}:</span></td>
<td class="optionscolumn"><select name="usergroup">{MEMBERUSERGROUPOPTIONS}</select>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="labelscolumn"><span class="labels">{LANG_EDITPROFILE_SECONDARYGROUPS}:</span></td>
<td class="optionscolumn"><select multiple size="5" name="secondarygroups[]">{MEMBERSECONDARYUSERGROUPOPTIONS}</select>
<input type="hidden" name="secondarygroups[123]" value="" />
</td>
</tr>
</IF>
</IF>

But how can we change the usergroup of a member if we do have this installation integrated with another wsnlinks ?

I change it directly at phpmyadmin at the members table, but at the integrated install it shows me always as a member not changing the usergroup.

I offered usergrop promotion to my members without realizing this difficulty so I really apreciate your help on this.

Daniel.
peumus
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

peumus
Posted Sep 01, 2008 - 1:24 PM:

OK

I have just solved by includding at the integration file:

$group6 = '6';
$group7 = '7';
$group8 = '8';

Anyway I believe that this shall be the behaviour by default if nothing different is stated?
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Sep 03, 2008 - 1:19 AM:

If it's another WSN and your groups are the same in all, you can remove the template conditional.

Usergroups will always need to be mapped. People will frequently have different groups in different integrated installs... I do.
peumus
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

peumus
Posted Sep 03, 2008 - 5:11 AM:

Yes I did remove the conditionals. So we need to state that the groups are the same if not it asumes all to be members no other usergroup at the integrated install. An entry at the manual can be useful to remember this.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.