Comments on Error after upgrading

Jenny
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 64
Total Comments: 199
Jenny
Posted Aug 19, 2008 - 9:19 PM:

Sooo, I upgraded to 5.0.1 today, and after some issues (can't change permissions on ANYTHING anymore) I managed to work around it and started checking for dead links and changing the templates.

I have uploaded the standard templates as a new set, because I can't modify or CHMOD the default ones anymore. It worked fine, for a while, and then all of a sudden I was asked to login as admin again, and since then I get this error both on the main page and in the admin area:

Error: The file templates/multilingual/sitedead.tpl does not exist.
You do not have any template sets!
WSN Links 5.0.1

First of all, sitedead.tpl is there, I double checked. But also, for some reason the script doesn't recognize the two other template sets anymore sad

Any ideas?
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Aug 20, 2008 - 1:04 AM:

I know you deleted this saying the problem disappeared, but it certainly didn't, even if a symptom may have. See www.link-lounge.com/templat.../multilingual/sitedead.tpl . If you can't visit it in your browser, it won't work in the script either.

Permissions are handled automatically, so you must have something not filled in or something. If your PHP is in apache mode without suPHP, you need to enter your FTP info at Admin -> Settings -> System Settings. If it's there verify it's correct.

To fix your existing situation now, it may be easiest to just bulk recursively chmod everything to 777 or beg your host to switch to suPHP.
Jenny
Forum Regular

Jenny
Posted Aug 24, 2008 - 3:53 PM:

I didn't see that you kept this post and replied ... oops.

It's the weirdest thing though - because all of those files are there. I was able to chmod them, and they started working again. A while later my custom template set vanished, but re-appeared after I chmoded the files again...

BTW, I LOVE the new category selection when submitting links. It's fantastic smiling face And the whole page is so much faster.

I found one other little error though, which is probably just a problem that I have ... when I submit a new link the next page loads in a sort of debug mode. The link and attached file are added properly and it doesn't really give me an error message, but it's like I switched on debug mode. When I reload the category page after that it's gone. And it doesn't seem to make a difference if I upload a file or not.

Also, can I move the tags form to the link edit page instead of having it on the details page? People tend to heavily abuse these kinds of things and I'd rather have only the link owner adding tags.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Aug 25, 2008 - 10:06 AM:

You should never have to chmod anything unless your host lacks both suphp and ftp.

The debug issue will be fixed in the next release.

Tags can't be done on the edit link page, because that'd make it impossible to keep track of how many times each tag is applied to a link. A can tag own permission request should go in feature suggestions.
Jenny
Forum Regular

Jenny
Posted Aug 30, 2008 - 8:57 AM:

Okay, I don't know what to tell you, but since the upgrade it seems like my files have a life of their own. I swear this has never happened before, but now every once in a while my template sets "chmod themselves" from 777 back to 732 and I end up with either no template set or only the multilingual one.
And today another weird thing happened: my language was missing. all I could see were the placeholders. So I ran upgrade.php which added basically ALL of the language items, and now it's working fine again.

It's like having a ghost in the system confused

btw: on scripts.webmastersite.net/w...tom=yes&TID=custom-support clicking on the link to the support forum brings you to the wrong page. https://www.webmastersite.net/forums/WSN_Links instead of https://www.webmastersite.net/forums/wsn-links
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Aug 30, 2008 - 5:08 PM:

You're in apache mode rather than suPHP mode, which means files have to be chmoded. Have you tested the FTP info you've entered? What you're describing is what could happen if, for example, your FTP path is off by a directory.
Jenny
Forum Regular

Jenny
Posted Aug 30, 2008 - 7:46 PM:

Mmh, the FTP login is correct, can't tell if the directory info is enough though. If the file upload path is /home/xxx/public_html/attachments/ what should FTP directory then look like?
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Aug 31, 2008 - 11:35 AM:

That depends on where the FTP drops you. MOST drop you in /home/xxx/, so the relative path would be public_html.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.