Comments on link to help does not work

hai
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 94
Total Comments: 339
hai
Posted Jun 21, 2008 - 11:05 AM:

I have turned on rewriting and have set the "Format for help index" to help/ which is how it automatically loaded, I just left it as is, but the link does not work. I have turned off the SEO option and the link to help works that way, but not with it on. All the categories work fine with SEO on, only help does not work.
hai
Forum Regular

hai
Posted Jun 23, 2008 - 10:05 AM:

Nevermind I figured it out. Apparently the default "help/" is not actually correct. It needs to be changed to "help" (no trailing slash).
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Jun 25, 2008 - 9:16 AM:

That's just not the case for me. For example, http://sandbox.wsnforum.com/box5/help/ .

Perhaps there's some weird server configuration which has trouble with trailing slashes? I've encountered some that have trouble with not being given trailing slashes, that's why the trailing slash is in there.
hai
Forum Regular

hai
Posted Jun 25, 2008 - 9:43 AM:

I guess that must be the case and that's why no one else has had that problem. Unfortunately, I wouldn't really know where to look to find that configuration.

What I thought was really weird was that I also needed to remove the slash in the next 2 fields for help categories and items. I ended up changing them to -

help-{HELPCATNAME}/
help-{HELPITEMREWRITEPATH}/{HELPITEMSUBJECT}-{HELPITEMID}.html

to get them to work. Trailing slash there doesn't seem to be a problem, but the one after help needed to be changed to work. "albums" had the same problem, I needed to take out the slash there too. Weird, but it works now.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Jun 25, 2008 - 10:05 AM:

Maybe you could ask your web host if they know why the rules didn't work?
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.