Comments on cannot remove seo rewrite option

hai
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 94
Total Comments: 339
hai
Posted May 17, 2008 - 11:05 AM:

I had recently turned mod_rewrite on but I'm noticing that it's just not working. I'm having too many problems with it and want to turn it off, unfortunately, when I set "Use apache mod_rewrite URL rewriting?" to NO, I get the following message -

There are 3 categories which would be broken by using the replacement for ampersand which you've requested. Remember, you must choose a completely unique string of characters as your replacement. Press your browser's back button now and type a legal value.
WSN Links 4.1.43

Which I understand is one of the reasons I'm having problems with it, but at this time I don't really care and want to go back to using the old format before I turned rewrite on. Unfortunately, it won't let me.
hai
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 94
Total Comments: 339
hai
Posted May 19, 2008 - 2:31 PM:

Paul,

Just to let you know I was able to figure a way around this. Although I was asking to NOT use url rewriting I made sure that the replacement for the ampersand was a unique character - just picked one, didn't matter to me since I wasn't going to be using it. This time when I hit submit it worked.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted May 20, 2008 - 8:03 PM:

Fixing to only prompt when rewrite is being turned/left on.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.