Webmastersite.net
Register Log In

No option for offline payments?

Comments on No option for offline payments?

rbl

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 19
Total Comments: 39
rbl
Posted May 12, 2008 - 11:42 PM:

Hi!
This is too weird to be true, I'm probably missing something here.

[updated]
I'm reviewing payment options for item and usergroup sponsorship, and if I don't add anything to the paypal or 2co fields, I can't even add funds by hand to any member. Worse than that, unless I turn on usergroup sponsorship, the funds field remains hidden, making it impossible to run a items only sponsorship type of service.
Is this a bug or by design?
Why there isn't an option for offline payments?

Thanks!

Ricardo

Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted May 13, 2008 - 2:28 PM:

You can edit the item or the member to set funds whenever you want.

Worse than that, unless I turn on usergroup sponsorship, the funds field remains hidden, making it impossible to run a items only sponsorship type of service.

Member funds are only logical applicable to usergroup sponsorship. If you're doing item type sponsorship then the member funds value has no relation and will be ignored, only the item funds value counts for item sponsorship.
rbl

rbl
Posted May 13, 2008 - 6:00 PM:

That's why I say I'm probably missing something. In the member profile there's only one field for funds and that's the usergroup one. I see no other way of adding funds to a member.

Can you please guide me through it? If a member sent you a $10 check, how would you add that amount to the member profile for item sponsoring?

Thanks!
Ricardo
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted May 14, 2008 - 4:05 PM:

The problem is you're editing the member profile. The check isn't for a member -- it's for a particular item (which coincidentally happens to be owned by the member). Edit the item and you'll find the funds field there, along with the item type which you can change to your sponsored type.
rbl

rbl
Posted May 14, 2008 - 4:46 PM:

Then I was right, you can't add funds to the member.

Adding funds to an item!? What's the logic of that? Then the member can't spend the money creating new ads and sponsoring them. He can only spend the money on *that* item alone.

I'm on a tight deadline and I need an answer really fast. Unless you can fix this situation, I'm forced to ask for a refund. Let me know if we can work this out. I would really hate to have to choose another script.

Ricardo
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted May 15, 2008 - 9:25 PM:

If you want people to sponsor items, then you want the payment to apply to the particular item -- not to apply to some other item they happen to own. What you're asking for isn't logically coherent. You can't say that you want funds added to a particular item, but that you want to do this by typing a generic number for the member without specifying which of their items -- no software will do magic mind-reading tricks for you. If you specify only for a member, nothing can magically guess what item you were thinking of. (Of course, it's no harder to click an item than a member anyway so there wouldn't be any particular benefit to having the paranormal powers.)

If you want the funds to go the member, then you must not actually want to sponsor particular items. If that's the case, then you need to select member group sponsorship instead of item type sponsorship. If you want sponsored members to have all of their links promoted, that's a member group sponsorship option.

If you can figure out what you want, and keep it out of the realm of the paranormal, then I can tell you what to do.
peumus
Forum Regular

Total Topics: 172
Total Comments: 462
peumus
Posted May 19, 2008 - 11:17 PM:

Then I was right, you can't add funds to the member.

You are not right, Of course you can manually ad funds to a member. But at the same time you should manually change the usergroup for the member. These just editing the member profile.

All these with previously activated the member usergroup promotion and of course created diferent usergroups with their provileges.

Regards.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.