Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 172
Total Comments: 462
peumus
Posted Apr 14, 2008 - 6:30 PM:

Paul,

Have you reviewed it ?

Would it be interesting to include it as a new payment way ?
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Apr 16, 2008 - 1:22 PM:

I took a brief look at it last year. It seems to be cart-oriented, and far more complex than paypal/2co. Is it even useful for non-cart purchases?
webflair
Forum Regular

Total Topics: 187
Total Comments: 465
Posted Apr 17, 2008 - 3:53 AM:

This would be great as an option. I have been using Google checkout with WSN links fr a while, manually obviously. But yeah, it is useful for non cart purchases.
webflair
Forum Regular

Posted Apr 23, 2008 - 6:26 AM:

I don;t think Google checkout would be more complex to integrate than 2co or paypal. Have you had a look recently paul?

You can set an IPN url in there now and automatically approve payments, so it should be just a case of some PHP that can understand the IPN.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Apr 23, 2008 - 12:50 PM:

It feels a lot more complicated to me, because paypal has a nice simple example IPN script to plug into and I can't find anything like that for google checkout. Do you know where I can find an example google IPN script in PHP? Googled it without luck, all I found was a huge collection of files which they seem to want me to use all of (ugh, what a mess) in unclearly explained ways.
webflair
Forum Regular

Posted Apr 23, 2008 - 4:37 PM:

groups.google.com/group/goo...ad/thread/b26fe15ec89cdce2
groups.google.com/group/goo...-checkout-developers-forum
http://code.google.com/apis/checkout/

I understand you are a busy man Paul, so i would be willing to pay you if you focused a bit of time msking this happen, on the proviso you got it to work in GBP as well as USD.

By the way do you yourself take any other form of payment apart from PayPal, because I have abandoned them for good. Never again will I deal with or trust PayPal. There are a few things I want to pay you to do in the next few months, If you are willing, and I will need some way other than PayPal to pay you. I am in the UK so checks are impractical.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Apr 24, 2008 - 3:17 PM:

I've always accepted 2checkout, which doesn't require any sort of account, just a credit card.

I've made a little start on google now. It is an order of magnitude more complex than paypal, but it should hopefully be ready for 4.2.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Apr 24, 2008 - 4:47 PM:

The spot for providing the API callback URL says: "Specify a URL for Google to notify you of new orders and changes in order state. You must provide the URL of a server running 128-bit SSLv3 or TLS."

I don't have SSL and have never set it up, so this is going to require a crash course in SSL, which would probalby take weeks if I could devote my entire days to it, based on how complicated it seems from the tutorials I've tried so far. It will also require each WSN user who wants to use google to take this same crash course in SSL to figure out how to set up their own certificate. It thus seems a bit impractical and will get very little use from regular people.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.