possible bug

Comments on Ban problem on registration page

impurist

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 8
Total Comments: 31
Posted Apr 06, 2008 - 4:24 AM:

Hello,

There seems to be a ban on all new registrations, even though this should not be happening according to my settings. When I go to my register page here, I get the banned page. The script apparently is not allowing new registrations.

By the looks of the "banned" page, it does not appear to be a proxy ban or IP ban. I don't know when this started happening, but by the date of the last registration, this might have happened when I upgraded from 4.1.34 to 4.1.37. Is there anything I can try to get this working again?

My settings:

I have not banned any members. The "Show Banned" page is empty.

Block all identifiable proxies from registration? NO

Block all unresolvable host names from registration? NO

Ban host names from registration: <blank>

Ban IPs: <blank>

Automatically block the IPs of banned users from the registration page (without them needing to be listed in the IP ban list)? NO

impurist

Posted Apr 06, 2008 - 4:53 AM:

Update: The registration page is appearing normally now. Not sure why. All I did was open it register page in a different browser (IE6) and now I can access the registration page in my regular browser also (Mozilla 2). The only other thing I did was empty the cache, but I tried that earlier and it didn't work.

If you don't get the ban page when you try to pull the link, this was the message displayed: (I did not modify the default template)

You have been banned from this site.

This explanation has been supplied for your banning:

If you feel that there has been an error, you may wish to contact the site administrator.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Apr 06, 2008 - 10:48 PM:

WIth certain settings you aren't allowed to re-register a second time unless you're logged in to an administrator account. It doesn't give me a "banned" message for that though, simply a "can't re-register" message.
impurist

Posted Apr 07, 2008 - 3:04 AM:

Maybe this was caused by some sort of bot hitting the register page, calling up the banned page, then the ban page got saved into the cache for subsequent visitors to load?
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Apr 07, 2008 - 10:21 PM:

That sounds plausible. I'll make the registration page exempt from caching.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.