Comments on adding link /member problem

Jez
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 32
Total Comments: 130
Jez
Posted Nov 23, 2007 - 1:17 PM:

When testing the site and adding links as if I were a visitor I get strange problem when I have email selected as a mandatory field. Firstly the user gets directed to a page saying that you do not have authoriztion to access this are, please log in. Then, on trying again the link gets added, without going through any admin validation but the add page keeps reloading (and adding the same info again) wit no warning aying that the info has been added. Has anyone come across this or is it some mistake I have made?

When I de select the mandatory email it works fine but the user does not get emailed their user and pass.

(EDIT) After removing cookies and tying again, the script still adds stuff like I am logged in (in another browser too - ut still the same one I added other tests with). With or without the email mandatory in the fields. It must be a cookie issue but I don't get what!
Jez
Forum Regular

Jez
Posted Nov 24, 2007 - 2:42 AM:

Paul,

I really don't get this. Could it be an IP recognition thing that I am seeing? After deleting all test users, cookies, etc. I am still able to add links directly, bypassing admin approval (the image that I am adding does nor show when this is the case)

On pressing add link I am redirected to this page http://www.accommodation-uk.net/suggest.php?actio... which tells me i have no permission and yet the link is still added!

(EDIT) I just got a friend to add a listing and that's gone straight to live also even though it's not approved via admin - it did show in admin though when someone else added it.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Nov 25, 2007 - 3:02 PM:

Does seem to work that way on your site, added a test link at http://www.accommodation-uk.net/caithness/ . On my site I get the "thanks for suggestion" screen as normal. Since there are a quintillion things you could be doing differently or which could be different on your server I can only suggest scripts.webmastersite.net/w...dex.php?section=inspection . Or you could do a quick test install and see what happens with an unmodified version on your server, then see what you've changed from that.
Jez
Forum Regular

Jez
Posted Nov 28, 2007 - 1:13 PM:

Paul, did you see that I filled the form on scripts.webmastersite.net/w...dex.php?section=inspection for you to look into this problem?
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.