Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 32
Total Comments: 130
Jez
#16 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Oct 12, 2007 - 9:30 AM:

Paul,

That's not what i see at all. I don't get a #0 which I can edit. I get the category names which don't include all of the categories.

Of course, the other problem is that if the categories can't be listed / selected then people cannot add their details to them.

Attached Files:
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
#17 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Oct 12, 2007 - 2:45 PM:

It looks like you don't actually have it switched off. Check your switches again: http://www.webmastersite.net/screenshots/27712.jpg

Of course, the other problem is that if the categories can't be listed / selected then people cannot add their details to them.

They go into the category in order to submit to it.
Jez
Forum Regular

Jez
#18 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Oct 16, 2007 - 6:31 AM:

Paul,

That seems to work OK by going through the categories and adding. Is the issue something that can be fixed in a later release though? I can imagine that most people would automatically want to go to the add a link page.
Paul
developer

Paul
#19 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Oct 16, 2007 - 2:46 PM:

Maybe the number can be pushed up a little, we'll see. Still quite impractical to navigate such a list though. Maybe it'd be better to come up with a two-stage list where the submitter first chooses a top level category, and then gets presented with the list of subcategories for that, and then the subcategories of the selection there, and so on.
Jez
Forum Regular

Jez
#20 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Oct 16, 2007 - 2:58 PM:

That sounds like a good option. Is it something that could be implemented? LMK if it would need to be a private job. It wouldn't be so much for navigation but more as a tool for the people wishing to add their sites is what I am thinking.
Paul
developer

Paul
#21 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Oct 16, 2007 - 9:56 PM:

I'd like to do something like that eventually, but considering how busy I am (no end of the to-do list in sight) it won't be until 4.2 (which is maybe 8-12 months off) unless it's paid as a custom project. It'd probably run 3 hours.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.