Can't Import DMOZ
File will not import

Comments on Can't Import DMOZ

Sleepless

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 3
Total Comments: 10
Posted Aug 16, 2007 - 9:40 AM:

I lost all my links and data and decided to import from DMOZ to get my links started all over again. I followed the instructions that were shown but when I import the file, it doesn't import a single link. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I uploaded one of the reports to my site so I can show an example so maybe someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong. I am also going to attempt to upload the file as well.
http://www.kellyscountrycorner.com/report.html

Thanks,
Kelly

Attached Files:
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Aug 16, 2007 - 2:45 PM:

The report file looks completely different from the ones I generate. Yours has strange messages like "Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE" and a background color, and "=20" all over the place. Are you sure you're using TulipChain 6.02 and have the settings as shown in the screenshot? Are you running it through some other program after, saving it in Microsoft Word or something?
Sleepless

Posted Aug 16, 2007 - 2:48 PM:

The one online looks like that but the one I uploaded doesn't. They look just like the sample ones in the zip file you provided. I even tried to upload one of them and it didn't work.

Thanks,
Kelly
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Aug 16, 2007 - 2:52 PM:

It's definitely a problem with how you create the report file or whatever you may be running it through after creation -- some Microsoft program judging by the message. When I generate a report for that category there's no trouble importing it.

Attached Files:
Sleepless

Posted Aug 16, 2007 - 2:56 PM:

But I can't get the ones you created to work either.
It just does nothing.

Did you try mine?

Thanks,
Kelly
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Aug 16, 2007 - 9:22 PM:

Yours doesn't work for me, but mine does. When you save mine, is it getting changed to have all that gunk in it? It seems like something on your computer is altering files. What browser are you using?
Sleepless

Posted Aug 18, 2007 - 6:47 AM:

Hi Paul,

I just tried your s again but I didn't open them or try to save them. I unzipped them and uploaded them. It did work. I use IE7 but also have FireFox installed. Could it be the encoding?

Thanks,
Kelly
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Aug 18, 2007 - 11:37 PM:

Character set encoding differences just result in little question marks in my experience, I don't think they can cause the kinds of alterations you're seeing. Besides it's just a regular english HTML file with no special characters.

Firefox and IE7 both give you the same result?
Sleepless

Posted Aug 19, 2007 - 1:04 AM:

After the last post I actually saved the files from the FireFox browser and they worked.
No surprise IE was adding all the extra junk.

Thanks,
Kellywink
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.