thanks
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Aug 05, 2007 - 3:58 PM:

I find it difficult to imagine a situation which would have ties at two levels. "customerID" would imply to me a unique number, and thus even the secondary order will never come into play. Then with your "sortorder" field, why in the world would you specifically set it to have ties? Simply type in a unique number.
Bren

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 4
Total Comments: 17
Bren
Posted Aug 06, 2007 - 2:47 PM:

ok, then you tell me

first i want to sort by customer id, because i want a particular customers links displayed first

then I want specific links of his displayed in a particular order, since he paid more for one link than an other

then i still have all the other links left in the catagory..how do i designate the order of those links?
thanks

peumus
Forum Regular

Total Topics: 172
Total Comments: 462
peumus
Posted Aug 06, 2007 - 3:18 PM:

Bren, I understand you should use link types.
You can read : scripts.webmastersite.net/w...rticles/link-types-35.html
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Aug 07, 2007 - 8:55 AM:

There's no way to do tertiary sorting. I'll consider it for the future. The rest of your links will still be sorted by customer though, and maybe you can use your sortorder field to designate their order.
Bren

Bren
Posted Aug 07, 2007 - 1:19 PM:

so bottom line is a third sort order is way too back end to be added, bummer
oh, well..moving on smiling face

looks like Im going to have to use the sort order field and assign a number to every single link... can you tell me this....after i use my 2 sort order lists in the back end..... what is the default for the directory, after that.... since:

I want strict control over the order the links display
Im not giving the end user the option to change the sort order
so once i assign the first 2, and if the end user is not given the option to sort, what would it resort to by default, if i dont assign a number to it?
thanks smiling face

just had a thought... can I within the "link type" designate a default order?
can i make the default for a link type alphabetical for example?

Hi Peumus, thanks for the suggestion, but I have already done that, using that is also part of my structure smiling face Im just looking for something a bit stricter than average way links are presented
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Aug 09, 2007 - 3:02 PM:

When there are ties at two levels, past that is just whatever mysql happens to find first.

There's no option to sort link types differently from each other.
Bren

Bren
Posted Aug 10, 2007 - 3:58 PM:

ok..so Im trying to find a compromise that will at least get me by....
my thought is now to list links by the sortorder field Ive added & just deal with the issue that ill have to spend alot of time initially getting the display the way i want it....

so...as a result of giving up the second sort order default list for the links...
I want alphabetical.... from a-z ...so I tried by title..and its not alphabetical at all.... I am assuming that if i go by title...is going to be 123, then...abc
or is there something subtle im missing & I should be choosing a different field to get alphabetical?
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Aug 10, 2007 - 5:31 PM:

By title ascending is 123, ABC.
Bren

Bren
#10 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Aug 11, 2007 - 1:43 PM:

thats "By title ascending is 123, ABC." what I assumed, and did

but its is not displaying the links in alphabetical
order when I make that choice ???????
Bren

Bren
#11 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Aug 13, 2007 - 2:03 PM:

I would really like to move forward, but this sort order issue is
a bit of a roadblock.......

I have default ordering set for links....." by sortorder, assending <-- a numeric field created by me

then secondary order: "by title assending"
and there isnt anything close to alphabetic going on, and in fact every time i reload the page they are in a different order than they were before

not only that, they will not sort according to the sortorder field either..its like the ordering for "links" is random no matter how I set the defaults.....it changes every page reload

I this a bug? is there something overriding it somewhere else in the settings?
Im at a standstill...a little help would be appreciated

fyi.... in switches: Allow users to sort categories <--- turned off
Allow users to sort links <----- turned off
Paul
developer

Paul
#12 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Aug 14, 2007 - 1:25 AM:

Ordering by numcomments ascending (which has a lot of ties), secondary order title ascending, it looks quite alphabetical to me: http://www.webmastersite.net/screenshots/2269.jpg

Post the debug output (show all queries) of the page where it's incorrectly ordered.
Bren

Bren
#13 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Aug 14, 2007 - 1:53 PM:

I have default ordering set for links....." by sortorder, assending <-- a
numeric field created by me

then secondary order: "by title assending"
and there isnt anything close to alphabetic going on, and in fact every time i
reload the page they are in a different order than they were before

looking at Query 32 and 33 below it looks like its sorting by random despite the
settings in the backed...and it certainly displays that way if you look at the
2 example jpgs...thats the order from a screen capture, and again after a page
reload..... with 3 of the links with 1,2,3, as their sortorder numbers, and then
with by title ascending as the secondary the 3 numbered sort ordered links are
not first, and its not in alphabetical order also below query 36 there is a
warning, I hasve no idea what thats for or about but is that the source of the
problem?

if so how to fix please smiling face

--------------begin----------------

Query 2: SHOW COLUMNS FROM wsnlinks_links

Getting field list for table wsnlinks_links: id,title,url,description,rating,votes,validated,catid,sumofvotes,email,time,hits,numcomments,hide,ownerid,voterips,voterids,lastedit,type,notify,suspect,pendingedit,funds,suspended,alias,expire,ip,inalbum,typeorder,recipurl,hitsin,recipwith,hitsinips,hitsoutips,lastcomment,related,inhidden,viewers,threadviewers,hitsintemp,hitsouttemp,origtype,importance,parentids,timesdead,timesemailed,threadclosed,threadposters,lastposterid,lastpostername,ownername,deleted,deletionreason,movedto,deletedby,timevalidated,filefield,message,sticky,downloads,pollid,posticon,savedby,validatedemail,unpaid,recipverified,effectivetime,sugcatid,pagerank,wysihtml,movedid,unrevised,feedurl,feedcache,feedcachetime,custid,sortorder

Load time so far: 0.06 seconds.

Query 3: SHOW COLUMNS FROM wsnlinks_categories

Getting field list for table wsnlinks_categories: id,name,parent,validated,description,time,parentnames,parentids,numlinks,hide,lastlinktime,custom,lastedit,moderators,headerinfo,related,numsub,type,permissions,subscribers,subscriber,mixtypes,isalbum,orderlinks,totalcomments,ulsearchmax,ulsearchquery,ulsearchadult,alias,catcols,linkcols,dmozpath,sponsorlinks,views,customwrap,deleted,reqlinks,reqcoms,reqlinksdelay,priority,levelsdeep,lastposterid,lastpostername,lastcommenttime,lastthreadid,lastthreadtitle,linkshere,unvalidatedlinks,unvalidatedcomments,actaslink,countposts,subcatshtml,linksperpage,wysihtml,numonline,catorder1

Query 4: SHOW COLUMNS FROM wsnlinks_members

Getting field list for table wsnlinks_members: id,name,links,comments,time,usergroup,password,ip,totalhits,totalhitsin,email,validated,template,language,lastattempt,allowemail,signature,avatarname,stylesheet,allowuseremail,albumid,failedattempts,totalbytes,funds,notifyoflinks,lastvisit,timezone,rating,pmfolders,notifyofpms,acceptpms,cookieduration,banned,location,homepage,occupation,bio,aim,icq,msn,yahoo,inactive,timeonline,totalpms,buddies,ignored,isonline,acceptims,adminpermissions,referrer,groupreverttime,grouprevertto,moderationpm,secondarygroups,linksperpage,commentsperpage,shouts,customtitle,shoutban,topicbans,forumbans,visibility,birthdate,lastsession,interests,posteditor,forumaccess,pmpopup,pmnotify,modnotes,guestnotes,salt,lastmodnote,newpms,imflag,orderalbums,lastguestnote,autosubscribe,notifymethod,showavatars,showsigs,warninglevel,topics,posts,chatcolor,traderrating,invitessent,validatedemail,calsub,macros

Query 5: SHOW COLUMNS FROM wsnlinks_membergroups

Getting field list for table wsnlinks_membergroups: id,title,caneditown,caneditall,canvote,isadmin,canpost,canemail,validatecats,validatecomments,validatelinks,validateedits,cansubmitlinks,cansubmitcategories,cansubmitcomments,caneditownlinks,caneditowncategories,caneditowncomments,caneditownprofile,caneditalllinks,caneditallcategories,caneditallcomments,caneditallprofiles,candownloadfiles,canupload,canviewip,limitlinks,canemailmembers,canusehtml,limitlinksdaily,canalias,cancopy,candeleteown,candeleteall,candofulledit,candeletecategories,candeletecomments,candeleteowncategories,candeleteowncomments,candeletemembers,candeleteownmembers,canaliascategories,canviewpages,caneditvotes,numaliases,canviewvotes,canhideownlinks,canhideowncategories,canhideowncomments,canhidealllinks,canhideallcategories,canhideallcomments,canratecomments,bytespermem,canpm,canim,canharddelete,limitpms,limitpmsdaily,canviewdeleted,cansubmitpolls,candeletepolls,candeleteownpolls,caneditpolls,caneditownpolls,attachperpost,attachperpm,canviewshouts,caneditshouts,caneditownshouts,candeleteshouts,candeleteownshouts,cansubmitshouts,canpollvote,customtitle,canviewinvisible,namestyle,canpmimportant,canviewmodlog,isleader,cansubmitquotes,validatequotes,candeletequotes,candeleteownquotes,canreport,canusesearch,attachperlink,validateattachments,caneditownquotes,caneditallquotes,canviewchat,caneditownevents,caneditallevents,candeleteownevents,candeleteevents,cansubmitevents,validateevents,bulkpms,issupermod,numinv,allowugspec,validateemails,validatesponsorlinks

Query 6: SHOW COLUMNS FROM wsnlinks_sessions

Getting field list for table wsnlinks_sessions: id,memberid,location,time,ip,browser,starttime,catid,threadid,areaname,lastsearch,nopermission,inchat,name,isrobot,lastchat,groupnamestyle,acceptims,visibility

Load time so far: 0.11 seconds.

Query 7: SELECT `id` FROM wsnlinks_categories WHERE validated=1 AND hide=0 AND isalbum=0 ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 0,1

Number of rows is 1

Query 8: UPDATE wsnlinks_settings SET content='85' WHERE name='highestcatindex'

Query 9: SELECT `name`,`value` FROM wsnlinks_switches WHERE id>0

Number of rows is 72

Query 10: SHOW COLUMNS FROM wsnlinks_email

Getting field list for table wsnlinks_email: id,to,subject,message,headers,timesent,ip,replacement,mime

Load time so far: 0.12 seconds.

Query 11: SHOW COLUMNS FROM wsnlinks_ratings

Getting field list for table wsnlinks_ratings: id,votevalue,time,memberid,ip,custom,linkid,type

Query 12: SHOW COLUMNS FROM wsnlinks_markup

Getting field list for table wsnlinks_markup: id,type,original,replacement,description,originalclose,replacementclose,sortorder

Query 13: SHOW COLUMNS FROM wsnlinks_modlog

Getting field list for table wsnlinks_modlog: id,topicid,postid,type,nature,reason,moderatorid,source,destination,time,catid,memberid

Query 14: SHOW COLUMNS FROM wsnlinks_crons

Getting field list for table wsnlinks_crons: id,frequency,nextrun,filename,native

Query 15: SHOW COLUMNS FROM wsnlinks_searches

Getting field list for table wsnlinks_searches: id,value,memberid,catid,time

Query 16: SHOW COLUMNS FROM wsnlinks_pm

Getting field list for table wsnlinks_pm: id,toid,fromid,timeread,message,subject,time,icon,folderid,deleted,flag,filefield,important,replyto,replied,sentdeleted,wysihtml,cc

Query 17: SELECT `id`,`type`,`original`,`replacement`,`description`,`originalclose`,`replacementclose`,`sortorder` FROM wsnlinks_markup WHERE type='wsncode' ORDER BY sortorder

Number of rows is 23

Load time so far: 0.13 seconds.

Query 18: SELECT `id`,`title`,`caneditown`,`caneditall`,`canvote`,`isadmin`,`canpost`,`canemail`,`validatecats`,`validatecomments`,`validatelinks`,`validateedits`,`cansubmitlinks`,`cansubmitcategories`,`cansubmitcomments`,`caneditownlinks`,`caneditowncategories`,`caneditowncomments`,`caneditownprofile`,`caneditalllinks`,`caneditallcategories`,`caneditallcomments`,`caneditallprofiles`,`candownloadfiles`,`canupload`,`canviewip`,`limitlinks`,`canemailmembers`,`canusehtml`,`limitlinksdaily`,`canalias`,`cancopy`,`candeleteown`,`candeleteall`,`candofulledit`,`candeletecategories`,`candeletecomments`,`candeleteowncategories`,`candeleteowncomments`,`candeletemembers`,`candeleteownmembers`,`canaliascategories`,`canviewpages`,`caneditvotes`,`numaliases`,`canviewvotes`,`canhideownlinks`,`canhideowncategories`,`canhideowncomments`,`canhidealllinks`,`canhideallcategories`,`canhideallcomments`,`canratecomments`,`bytespermem`,`canpm`,`canim`,`canharddelete`,`limitpms`,`limitpmsdaily`,`canviewdeleted`,`cansubmitpolls`,`candeletepolls`,`candeleteownpolls`,`caneditpolls`,`caneditownpolls`,`attachperpost`,`attachperpm`,`canviewshouts`,`caneditshouts`,`caneditownshouts`,`candeleteshouts`,`candeleteownshouts`,`cansubmitshouts`,`canpollvote`,`customtitle`,`canviewinvisible`,`namestyle`,`canpmimportant`,`canviewmodlog`,`isleader`,`cansubmitquotes`,`validatequotes`,`candeletequotes`,`candeleteownquotes`,`canreport`,`canusesearch`,`attachperlink`,`validateattachments`,`caneditownquotes`,`caneditallquotes`,`canviewchat`,`caneditownevents`,`caneditallevents`,`candeleteownevents`,`candeleteevents`,`cansubmitevents`,`validateevents`,`bulkpms`,`issupermod`,`numinv`,`allowugspec`,`validateemails`,`validatesponsorlinks` FROM wsnlinks_membergroups WHERE id>0

Load time so far: 0.13 seconds.

Query 19: SELECT `id`,`name`,`links`,`comments`,`time`,`usergroup`,`password`,`ip`,`totalhits`,`totalhitsin`,`email`,`validated`,`template`,`language`,`lastattempt`,`allowemail`,`signature`,`avatarname`,`stylesheet`,`allowuseremail`,`albumid`,`failedattempts`,`totalbytes`,`funds`,`notifyoflinks`,`lastvisit`,`timezone`,`rating`,`pmfolders`,`notifyofpms`,`acceptpms`,`cookieduration`,`banned`,`location`,`homepage`,`occupation`,`bio`,`aim`,`icq`,`msn`,`yahoo`,`inactive`,`timeonline`,`totalpms`,`buddies`,`ignored`,`isonline`,`acceptims`,`adminpermissions`,`referrer`,`groupreverttime`,`grouprevertto`,`moderationpm`,`secondarygroups`,`linksperpage`,`commentsperpage`,`shouts`,`customtitle`,`shoutban`,`topicbans`,`forumbans`,`visibility`,`birthdate`,`lastsession`,`interests`,`posteditor`,`forumaccess`,`pmpopup`,`pmnotify`,`modnotes`,`guestnotes`,`salt`,`lastmodnote`,`newpms`,`imflag`,`orderalbums`,`lastguestnote`,`autosubscribe`,`notifymethod`,`showavatars`,`showsigs`,`warninglevel`,`topics`,`posts`,`chatcolor`,`traderrating`,`invitessent`,`validatedemail`,`calsub`,`macros` FROM wsnlinks_members WHERE id=1 AND validated=1

Load time so far: 0.14 seconds.

Query 20: SELECT `original`,`replacement`,`description`,`id`,`sortorder` FROM wsnlinks_markup WHERE type='smilie' ORDER BY sortorder

Number of rows is 14

Query 21: LOCK TABLES wsnlinks_email WRITE, wsnlinks_links WRITE, wsnlinks_categories WRITE, wsnlinks_members WRITE

Load time so far: 0.14 seconds.

Query 22: SELECT `id`,`to`,`subject`,`message`,`headers`,`replacement`,`mime` FROM wsnlinks_email WHERE timesent=0 ORDER BY id ASC LIMIT 0,10

Number of rows is 0

Query 23: UNLOCK TABLES

Load time so far: 0.15 seconds.

Query 24: SELECT `id`,`frequency`,`filename`,`nextrun` FROM wsnlinks_crons WHERE nextrun < 1187122904 ORDER BY id ASC LIMIT 0,1

Number of rows is 0

Query 25: SELECT `id` FROM wsnlinks_categories WHERE validated=1 AND deleted=0 AND name='amateur video' AND parent=0

Query 26: SELECT `id`,`name`,`parent`,`validated`,`description`,`time`,`parentnames`,`parentids`,`numlinks`,`hide`,`lastlinktime`,`custom`,`lastedit`,`moderators`,`headerinfo`,`related`,`numsub`,`type`,`permissions`,`subscribers`,`subscriber`,`mixtypes`,`isalbum`,`orderlinks`,`totalcomments`,`ulsearchmax`,`ulsearchquery`,`ulsearchadult`,`alias`,`catcols`,`linkcols`,`dmozpath`,`sponsorlinks`,`views`,`customwrap`,`deleted`,`reqlinks`,`reqcoms`,`reqlinksdelay`,`priority`,`levelsdeep`,`lastposterid`,`lastpostername`,`lastcommenttime`,`lastthreadid`,`lastthreadtitle`,`linkshere`,`unvalidatedlinks`,`unvalidatedcomments`,`actaslink`,`countposts`,`subcatshtml`,`linksperpage`,`wysihtml`,`numonline`,`catorder1` FROM wsnlinks_categories WHERE id=1

Query 27: SELECT `id`,`name`,`parent`,`validated`,`description`,`time`,`parentnames`,`parentids`,`numlinks`,`hide`,`lastlinktime`,`custom`,`lastedit`,`moderators`,`headerinfo`,`related`,`numsub`,`type`,`permissions`,`subscribers`,`subscriber`,`mixtypes`,`isalbum`,`orderlinks`,`totalcomments`,`ulsearchmax`,`ulsearchquery`,`ulsearchadult`,`alias`,`catcols`,`linkcols`,`dmozpath`,`sponsorlinks`,`views`,`customwrap`,`deleted`,`reqlinks`,`reqcoms`,`reqlinksdelay`,`priority`,`levelsdeep`,`lastposterid`,`lastpostername`,`lastcommenttime`,`lastthreadid`,`lastthreadtitle`,`linkshere`,`unvalidatedlinks`,`unvalidatedcomments`,`actaslink`,`countposts`,`subcatshtml`,`linksperpage`,`wysihtml`,`numonline`,`catorder1` FROM wsnlinks_categories WHERE parent=1 AND validated=1 AND hide=0 AND deleted=0 AND isalbum=0 ORDER BY catorder1 ASC,catorder1 ASC LIMIT 0,100

Number of rows is 0

Query 28: SELECT COUNT(id) FROM wsnlinks_links WHERE catid=1 AND hide=0 AND deleted=0 AND validated=1 AND effectivetime < 1187122904
Count is 93

Load time so far: 0.16 seconds.

Query 29: UPDATE wsnlinks_categories SET linkshere='93' WHERE id=1

Query 30: SELECT COUNT(id) FROM wsnlinks_links WHERE catid=1 AND validated=1 AND hide=0 AND deleted=0 AND type='recip' AND effectivetime < 1187122904
Count is 0

Query 31: SELECT COUNT(id) FROM wsnlinks_links WHERE catid=1 AND validated=1 AND hide=0 AND deleted=0 AND type='regular' AND effectivetime < 1187122904
Count is 93

Query 32: SELECT `id`,`title`,`url`,`description`,`rating`,`votes`,`validated`,`catid`,`sumofvotes`,`email`,`time`,`hits`,`numcomments`,`hide`,`ownerid`,`voterips`,`voterids`,`lastedit`,`type`,`notify`,`suspect`,`pendingedit`,`funds`,`suspended`,`alias`,`expire`,`ip`,`inalbum`,`typeorder`,`recipurl`,`hitsin`,`recipwith`,`hitsinips`,`hitsoutips`,`lastcomment`,`related`,`inhidden`,`viewers`,`threadviewers`,`hitsintemp`,`hitsouttemp`,`origtype`,`importance`,`parentids`,`timesdead`,`timesemailed`,`threadclosed`,`threadposters`,`lastposterid`,`lastpostername`,`ownername`,`deleted`,`deletionreason`,`movedto`,`deletedby`,`timevalidated`,`filefield`,`message`,`sticky`,`downloads`,`pollid`,`posticon`,`savedby`,`validatedemail`,`unpaid`,`recipverified`,`effectivetime`,`sugcatid`,`pagerank`,`wysihtml`,`movedid`,`unrevised`,`feedurl`,`feedcache`,`feedcachetime`,`custid`,`sortorder` FROM wsnlinks_links WHERE catid=1 AND hide=0 AND validated=1 AND effectivetime < 1187122904 AND type = '' ORDER BY rand() LIMIT 0,5

Number of rows is 0

Load time so far: 0.17 seconds.

Query 33: SELECT `id`,`title`,`url`,`description`,`rating`,`votes`,`validated`,`catid`,`sumofvotes`,`email`,`time`,`hits`,`numcomments`,`hide`,`ownerid`,`voterips`,`voterids`,`lastedit`,`type`,`notify`,`suspect`,`pendingedit`,`funds`,`suspended`,`alias`,`expire`,`ip`,`inalbum`,`typeorder`,`recipurl`,`hitsin`,`recipwith`,`hitsinips`,`hitsoutips`,`lastcomment`,`related`,`inhidden`,`viewers`,`threadviewers`,`hitsintemp`,`hitsouttemp`,`origtype`,`importance`,`parentids`,`timesdead`,`timesemailed`,`threadclosed`,`threadposters`,`lastposterid`,`lastpostername`,`ownername`,`deleted`,`deletionreason`,`movedto`,`deletedby`,`timevalidated`,`filefield`,`message`,`sticky`,`downloads`,`pollid`,`posticon`,`savedby`,`validatedemail`,`unpaid`,`recipverified`,`effectivetime`,`sugcatid`,`pagerank`,`wysihtml`,`movedid`,`unrevised`,`feedurl`,`feedcache`,`feedcachetime`,`custid`,`sortorder` FROM wsnlinks_links WHERE catid=1 AND hide=0 AND deleted=0 AND validated=1 AND effectivetime < 1187122904 AND type != '' ORDER BY typeorder ASC,rand() LIMIT 0,50

Number of rows is 50

Load time so far: 1.08 seconds.

Query 34: SELECT COUNT(id) FROM wsnlinks_links WHERE catid=1 AND hide=0 AND deleted=0 AND validated=1 AND effectivetime < 1187122904
Count is 93

Load time so far: 1.08 seconds.

Query 35: UPDATE wsnlinks_categories SET linkshere='93' WHERE id=1

Setting cookie with name returnto, value flamingpink.com/links/index...cat&catname=amateur_video/ and expiration time 2374246710

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/home/FpInK/public_html/links/databases/mysql.php:15) in /usr/home/FpInK/public_html/links/commonfuncs.php on line 728

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/home/FpInK/public_html/links/databases/mysql.php:15) in /usr/home/FpInK/public_html/links/commonfuncs.php on line 732

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/home/FpInK/public_html/links/databases/mysql.php:15) in /usr/home/FpInK/public_html/links/end.php on line 146

Load time so far: 2.02 seconds.

Query 36: SELECT COUNT(id) FROM wsnlinks_categories WHERE isalbum=0 AND deleted=0 AND moderators LIKE '%, 1[,]%'
Count is 0

Load time so far: 2.34 seconds.

Query 37: SELECT `id`,`memberid`,`location`,`time`,`ip`,`browser`,`starttime`,`catid`,`threadid`,`areaname`,`lastsearch`,`nopermission`,`inchat`,`name`,`isrobot`,`lastchat`,`groupnamestyle`,`acceptims`,`visibility` FROM wsnlinks_sessions WHERE time > 1187122006 AND (catid=1 AND memberid>0) ORDER BY time DESC LIMIT 0,100

Number of rows is 0

Load time so far: 2.35 seconds.

Query 38: SELECT `id`,`name`,`parent`,`validated`,`description`,`time`,`parentnames`,`parentids`,`numlinks`,`hide`,`lastlinktime`,`custom`,`lastedit`,`moderators`,`headerinfo`,`related`,`numsub`,`type`,`permissions`,`subscribers`,`subscriber`,`mixtypes`,`isalbum`,`orderlinks`,`totalcomments`,`ulsearchmax`,`ulsearchquery`,`ulsearchadult`,`alias`,`catcols`,`linkcols`,`dmozpath`,`sponsorlinks`,`views`,`customwrap`,`deleted`,`reqlinks`,`reqcoms`,`reqlinksdelay`,`priority`,`levelsdeep`,`lastposterid`,`lastpostername`,`lastcommenttime`,`lastthreadid`,`lastthreadtitle`,`linkshere`,`unvalidatedlinks`,`unvalidatedcomments`,`actaslink`,`countposts`,`subcatshtml`,`linksperpage`,`wysihtml`,`numonline`,`catorder1` FROM wsnlinks_categories WHERE hide=0 AND validated=1 AND deleted=0 ORDER BY id ASC

Number of rows is 37

------------end---------------

Attached Files:
Paul
developer

Paul
#14 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Aug 15, 2007 - 2:43 PM:

ORDER BY typeorder ASC,rand() LIMIT 0,50

You have 50 links per page, right? This looks like the query then. It orders by typeorder because you've selected to not mix link types, I gather. Do you mean to? Then it says random is your selected order.

When I unmix link types and set the orders ownerid ascending and title ascending, the query shows
ORDER BY typeorder ASC,ownerid ASC,title ASC LIMIT 0,14
Bren

Bren
#15 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Aug 16, 2007 - 3:29 PM:

Then it says random is your selected order. <---- thats the whole point random IS NOT my selected order!!!!!!! as I mentioned in the post... yet it continues to display that way...random

It orders by typeorder because you've selected to not mix link types, I gather. Do you mean to? <----- Yes I VERY much mean to do that

I explained in the previous post...Im trying to get strict control of the display order....as it is i cant even get it to display alphabetically and as i have explained a couple of times by now.....my intent is to use this to sell position in the directory....I WANT CONTROL OF THE DISPLAY ORDER.....

this is really getting a bit frustrating...how many times can i say the same thing different ways.....

as I have mentioned repeatedly...I created a sortorder field... AT YOUR SUGGESTION....in order to sort my premium links.......AND EVEN THAT IS NOT WORKING.......they are displaying in RANDOM ORDER

bottom line...... DISPITE ANY SETTING I USE EVERYTHING IS DISPLAYING IN RANDOM ORDER!!!!!!

Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.