Can't access categories after upgrading to 4.0.31

Comments on Urgent help Needed Please

WebDesignGold.com
Web Designer

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 8
Total Comments: 24
Posted Jun 11, 2007 - 10:36 AM:

I've just finished upgrading to 4.0.31 from 4.0.30. When I click on a category link, for instance (I'm using SEO option):
http://www.webdesigngold.com/css-cascading-style-sheets
I get this:

Not found

The requested URL /wsnlinks410/index.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I don't get what this directory (wsnlinks410) is !?

Any idea? All recent upgrades went smoothly except this last one (4.0.31). And I think I've followed the steps mentionned in the readme.html to the point.

Thanks for your help.

WebDesignGold.com
Web Designer

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 8
Total Comments: 24
Posted Jun 11, 2007 - 11:24 AM:

Fixed!

Here's how:
I did some testing and was able to access categories by swithching off "Use apache mod_rewrite URL rewriting" (admin/settings/SEO). But, when I switched back to "yes" I noticed an error message on the top of the page saying something like: "Couldn't write to .htaccess. Chmod to 666". I did and now I can access the site's categories.
But I wonder why this wasn't the case in earlier upgrades. I don't remember I had to chmod .htaccess to 666 then. And why did it work to switch off mod_rewrite although .htaccess was chmoded to 644?

Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Jun 11, 2007 - 10:04 PM:

It looks like there's a .htaccess file in the package, when it should be htaccess.txt, and only in the ZIP, not the BZ2, despite them being generated by the same script. Fixing.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.