Jez
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 32
Total Comments: 130
Jez
Posted May 23, 2007 - 11:14 AM:

Hi,

I can't see a way of adding a unique description to each of my categories. I am sure there is a way but I can't find it.

I am making a directory of accommodation by town and county but want to include a unique portion of text pertaining to the town or county on each individual category - I am currently making really hard work of something that might be simple but i can't see it! Please help if you can.

Thanks.

Jez.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted May 24, 2007 - 1:57 AM:

Click the edit button by the category and type in the "description" field. If you mean something else please explain. If you want two different descriptions, one short and one long, use your add fields page to add another.
Jez
Forum Regular

Jez
Posted May 24, 2007 - 3:35 AM:

Hi Paul,

Sorry, I wasn't clear.

That gives me the description of the category only from the index page. I am looking for a way of inserting unique text into the category itself. So that if someone opens up the category they can have a description that explains the content, the criteria of submitting the link to that category etc.

I hope I explained that a little better.

Best,

Jez.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted May 25, 2007 - 12:31 AM:

Go to Admin -> Customizations -> Templates and click on the "Show links in category" template. In the spot where you want the description to show, type {CATDESCRIPTION}.
Jez
Forum Regular

Jez
Posted May 25, 2007 - 4:12 AM:

Paul, that's excellent. Thanks a lot.

I removed the line <IF {CATHASDESCRIPTION}>{CATDESCRIPTION} <br></IF> from the main index page as the descripions were getting too long to have that much text on the homepage. And it's perfect for the category page

Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.