babrees
Expert

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 391
Total Comments: 1303
babrees
Posted Apr 24, 2007 - 9:16 AM:

New site.

Added event to calendar for 07 April 2007. It didn't post it.

Submitted it again and it posted it under 08 April. However, you have to go to 07 April to edit it. Also, the times are incorrect.

Clicked Edit and it didn't bring the message up. I deleted it.

Submitted event for 19th April - it shows it as 20th April. I had input start time of 07:00PM and finish of 09:59PM. It didn't accept those times and the default times show.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Apr 24, 2007 - 3:01 PM:

What's your profile timezone, Settings->System timezone, and server timezone offset?
babrees
Expert

babrees
Posted Apr 24, 2007 - 10:34 PM:

Paul wrote:
What's your profile timezone, Settings->System timezone, and server timezone offset?

GMT -5
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Apr 25, 2007 - 7:23 AM:

All of them? And you're sure that -5 is in fact the correct offset? That works for me, the event is listed at the time I set it for.
babrees
Expert

babrees
Posted Apr 25, 2007 - 9:40 PM:

Paul wrote:
All of them? And you're sure that -5 is in fact the correct offset? That works for me, the event is listed at the time I set it for.

I have forum v. 1.3.4 on www.thedogscene.co.uk (haven't updated as I am considering removing it) but never put in a time as they are generally all day events when I was using it. Just tried it now, inputing start time of 7.30pm and it did the same thing - showed it on the calendar as the following day.

That offset works fine with all my links programs. I have always set that up. I know the server is 5 hours behind me.

Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Apr 26, 2007 - 1:36 PM:

The isn't a single line of code difference between the calendars of WSN Links and WSN Forum, it's the same files and the same database table, so I don't see how it can produce a different result for you if it's not the profile/admin settings.

I know the server is 5 hours behind me.

If it's 5 hours behind you, why did you say you have all three settings the same? Do you set your profile to a timezone other than the one you live in for some reason?
babrees
Expert

babrees
Posted Apr 26, 2007 - 8:34 PM:

Paul wrote:
The isn't a single line of code difference between the calendars of WSN Links and WSN Forum, it's the same files and the same database table, so I don't see how it can produce a different result for you if it's not the profile/admin settings.

I know the server is 5 hours behind me.

If it's 5 hours behind you, why did you say you have all three settings the same? Do you set your profile to a timezone other than the one you live in for some reason?

Sorry Paul, I misread. My profile AND system timezone is set to GMT. My server is 5 hours behind.

When I said WSN Links is ok, sorry I meant posts in links not calendar. Just tried the calendar and it is the same. I know I stopped using the calendar ages ago because I had problems, although can't remember what they were now.

There is only a problem if I set the time. If I leave the default it shows on the correct day.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted May 01, 2007 - 1:12 PM:

Should be corrected in the next release.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.