Beginner

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 3
Total Comments: 6
zeek
Posted Jul 29, 2006 - 2:12 AM:

i upgraded from 3.3.6 to 3.3.22, now i get this warning when i click:

http://www.mydomain.com/suggest.php?action=addlink

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/path/path/mydomain.com/classes/database.php on line 108

thanks...
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Jul 29, 2006 - 5:31 PM:

For some reason the ownerip field doesn't like to add for a lot of people. Run this query (admin -> advanced -> run sql):
ALTER TABLE wsnlinks_attachments ADD ownerip varchar(30);
zeek
Beginner

Total Topics: 3
Total Comments: 6
zeek
Posted Aug 12, 2006 - 10:21 PM:

thanks you, it worked
finsandfur
Forum Regular

Total Topics: 28
Total Comments: 103
Posted Oct 30, 2006 - 2:14 PM:

I have similiar issues upgrading from 3.4.6 to 4.0.3

This is at the top of every page;
Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/finsandf/public_html/databases/mysql.php on line 20

And my Admin Panel is inaccessable.
I ran the above query from my site control panel with no results, and owner IP is in place.
Any idea?
finsandfur
Forum Regular

Posted Oct 31, 2006 - 7:14 AM:

I had to hire someone to add a table to my database for the calendar since I'm not real SQL savy.

Apparently the upgrade is telling it to add SOMETHING, but it ended up having to be done manually through Php Myadmin
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Oct 31, 2006 - 2:46 PM:

If it had to do with adding a table then it had nothing to do with the rest of this thread, but without any info I can't comment further.
finsandfur
Forum Regular

Posted Nov 05, 2006 - 1:36 AM:

Well...the name of the thread was "mysql warning after upgrade".
I also had a "mysql warning after upgrade".

Also, "supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource" means something is missing, and as it turns out it's a result of the upgrade. Again...the same issues I experienced.

It boils down to things not getting added during the upgrade, that's why I posted here. But I am truly sorry for upsetting the realm of things by doing so.

This is the second or third time I've felt completely belittled by your response Paul, and as sorry as I am that I am not able to communicate with you at YOUR level on a lot of these issues, I'm still a paying customer (just upgraded my account again) and I've always tried to apprehend, learn, and be polite.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Nov 06, 2006 - 6:17 PM:

If you feel belittled by my noting that I can't comment about something without any information then so it goes, but I see no other way to phrase what has to be communicated. "supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource" means nothing at all, anything can generate it, most of the time it doesn't mean anything is missing though on an upgrade it's more likely to. Hence the existence of debug mode, and the checkbox asking if you'd like to run an upgrade in debug mode, and the manual and pinned report procedure giving instructions on turning on debug mode in order to report errors.

Of course I don't expect everyone to have read up on debug mode and I understand that much of the time I will not get the information. In such cases it would be inappropriate to leave it unanswered so I have to make a post explaining that I can't do anything about the situation due to lack of information.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.