rw
Experienced

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 30
Total Comments: 65
rw
Posted Oct 05, 2006 - 9:02 AM:

Hi,

After adding more than 300 categories and having cat selector set to pulldown (switch in admin) when you go to edit a link it switches it to catid #. I did see the note in manual---

Note: In recent versions the selector will automatically switch itself off for safety after you have 300 categories.

The thing is after first time editing link, it no longer lets you change category id# and I get a blank page after clicking edit button.

Thanks,

rw
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Oct 05, 2006 - 8:39 PM:

I think you mean secondary categories, which luckily happened to be involved in what I tested, and produced an error message rather than a blank page. Fixed that. If you meant it the way you said it then I can't reproduce.
rw
Experienced

rw
Posted Oct 05, 2006 - 9:22 PM:

It may have something to do with the secondary category. When I first go to edit a new link, the secondary category is blank. After hitting edit button the secondary cat comes back with a zero in the input field. Then hitting edit button again I get blank screen.

What was the fix?

Thanks,

rw
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Oct 05, 2006 - 10:24 PM:

What I found is that when editing a link that has a secondary category listed (the input box is filled) it dies with a PHP message about not being able to use array operations on strings.

I'll go back now to try one that doesn't have a secondary cat. The box starts blank, I hit edit, go back to edit it again and it's 0... okay, confirmed that. It seems to be just a cosmetic issue though since I can leave the 0 there it still submits fine. Edit: Actually it only submits fine since I fixed the previous problem, I can see that it would've triggered the array/string error... so it should work for you in 3.4.6, due out in a few minutes.
rw
Experienced

rw
Posted Oct 06, 2006 - 4:43 PM:

OK upgraded to 3.4.6 and I no longer get blank page, but still can not change category. With debug on I do not see any mysql errors, but some stuff those seem strange.

-------When it gets to query categories

Number of rows is 21 for Resource id #67

Load time so far: 0.81 seconds.
Performing query: SELECT id,name,parentids,parentnames FROM wsn_categories WHERE parent=1 AND validated=1 AND hide=0 AND deleted=0 AND isalbum=0 ORDER BY name ASC,name ASC ;

Number of rows is 8 for Resource id #68

Performing query: SELECT id,name,parentids,parentnames FROM wsn_categories WHERE parent=52 AND validated=1 AND hide=0 AND deleted=0 AND isalbum=0 ORDER BY name ASC,name ASC ;

Number of rows is 0 for Resource id #69

Performing query: SELECT id,name,parentids,parentnames FROM wsn_categories WHERE parent=53 AND validated=1 AND hide=0 AND deleted=0 AND isalbum=0 ORDER BY name ASC,name ASC ;

--------it continues until...

Load time so far: 3.06 seconds.
Performing query: SELECT id,name,parentids,parentnames FROM wsn_categories WHERE parent=20 AND validated=1 AND hide=0 AND deleted=0 AND isalbum=0 ORDER BY name ASC,name ASC ;

Number of rows is 0 for Resource id #550

Load time so far: 3.07 seconds.

--------then it...

Performing query: UPDATE wsn_settings SET content='<option value="1"> Arts</option><option value="52">- Art Historians</option><option value="53">- Artists</option><option value="54">-- A</option><option value="55">--- Aivazovsky, Ivan</option><option value="56">--- Alexander, John White</option><option value="57">--- Alma-Tadema, Lawrence</option><option value="58">--- Altdorfer, Albrecht</option><option value="59">--- Arcimboldo, Giuseppe</option><option value="60">-- B</option>

-----------until...

Technology</option><option value="19"> Travel</option><option value="20"> Transportation</option>' WHERE name='categoryselector'

Load time so far: 3.09 seconds.

Should it run through all the categories like that?

Catselector is set to off.

Do I have something set wrong?

Thanks,

rw
rw
Experienced

rw
Posted Oct 06, 2006 - 5:58 PM:

OK so in changing/testing things I had upped and downed the site map so I guess it was still upped so that's why it was showing the pull down list even though the category selector was off.

But since I added the last hundred or so categories it stopped letting me change the category in edit.tpl. I tried a couple of original edit templates and the same thing happens, so I don't think its my template.

Don't know what else to try?
rw
Experienced

rw
Posted Oct 06, 2006 - 10:42 PM:

Got it, it was typo in template, when I tried original templates it was having the secondary cat problem. I tried an original template again and it worked this time...

Thanks,

rw
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.