Comments on phpBB importer

Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Apr 09, 2006 - 9:23 AM:

The importer file is attached at the bottom of this post (and if anyone would like to improve it, feel very free).

Things it imports:
- topics and posts
- members
- polls (but not their votes, see below)
- forums (but not their permissions, categories, etc)
- private messages

Noteable things it doesn't import:
- poll votes (phpbb seems to not record individual votes, only totals)
- IP addresses (phpbb stores them in some odd non-literal format, appears to be hex)

Please be aware when downloading that this importer has undergone virtually no testing. I was importing a forum that had 3 topics, 4 posts and 1 member -- it is therefore possible that some issues didn't show up for me that will show up with a normally-sized forum.

You should keep your old forum installed, take a few days to look over the WSN Forum imported version and be sure nothing has gone wrong before you direct your posters at the new forum. (Just re-import when you're ready to go live, in order to not lose a few days of posts etc.) Report any bugs/issues in this thread.

Tested with phpBB 2.0.13, but I presume it should work with any 2.x version.

Attached Files:
ecopixel
Beginner

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 1
Total Comments: 3
Posted Oct 03, 2006 - 3:51 PM:

Hi Paul

I've just run this file on import of a phpbb forum (version 2.0.17) with about 100 members, 15 categories (in 2 forums) with about 990 posts.

Initially, there was an error until I renamed the file to phpimport.php (it references that in the actual file you have attached)

Overall the updater worked very smoothly, but pulled all the existing subforums into a forum called 'Test Category'.

Only in a couple of topics it actually dispalys who the last post is from. It also didn't update any avatars.

Hope this is of help to you

Kind regards
ecopixel
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Oct 09, 2006 - 11:34 PM:

Fixed file name, not sure how it got wrong since it was right in my local copy.

Only in a couple of topics it actually dispalys who the last post is from.

That's by design, you're supposed to regenerate after importing. Admin -> Regenerate Counters.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.