Webmastersite.net
Register Log In

How to Validate Custom Attach Fields?

Comments on How to Validate Custom Attach Fields?

joshberm
Nothing is impossible...

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 36
Total Comments: 91
Posted Sep 25, 2006 - 4:50 PM:

Is there a way to validate my custom attachment fields individually when somebody edits their link? Requiring validation of attachments doesn't seem to affect the custom fields.

I'd like to show thumbnails and choose to accept or reject each one.
joshberm
Nothing is impossible...

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 36
Total Comments: 91
Posted Sep 27, 2006 - 2:57 PM:

I'm getting some weird stuff in my Validation page... thought that it might have to do with custom attachments but seems to be a problem with something else.

For members, I switched ON validation of Link Edits (this is where they upload their custom attachments photos). Submission process is OK. But Validation is problematic.

After I select the edited link and click Approve, multiple weird items show up on my Validation page when it reloads. See the attachment please.

I have experimented a bit and have found this problem with the HTML output in the Validation page.....

On the initial Validation page:
<span class="labels">Category:</span><a href="../index.php?action=displaycat&amp;catid=16"></a><br>

no cat name!

On the reloaded Validation page:
<span class="labels">Category:</span><a href="../index.php?action=displaycat&amp;catid=<span class="searchhighlight"></span>"></a><br>

no catid!

It seems that the {LINKCATNAME} is not carrying over into the Validation page. I have modified my Edit Link template significantly, and I intentionally limited the categories my users can place links into. I used a toplist to create a drop-down selector of all the Top Level cats.

Here's the relevant code from the Edit Link template:
<tr>
<td class="labelscolumn"><span class="labels">Category:</span></td>
<td class="optionscolumn">
<IF {SWITCH_CATSELECTOR}>
<select name="catid">
<!-- BEGIN TOPLIST 11 -->
<CONFIG>categories,name,99,ascending,parent=0,,,0,0,0,0</CONFIG>
<IF {LINKCATID} is {CATID}>
<option value="{CATID}" selected>
<ELSE><option value="{CATID}">
</IF>{CATNAME}</option>
<!-- END TOPLIST 11 -->
</select>
<ELSE>Category #<input type="text" name="catid" size="3" value="{LINKCATID}"></IF> Currently {LINKCATNAME}</td>
</tr>

My Validate Items template is out of the box 4.0 RC1

My Edit Link template is customized from 3.4.3 (but as I can tell nothing significant has changed in 4.0 on this template)

Please help!

Attached Files:
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Sep 29, 2006 - 6:50 PM:

Custom file fields can't be validated.

The edit link page has nothing to do with the validation page.

As for 3.4.3 vs. 4.0.0 you can see that lots of stuff changed in the template, with your own file comparison tool like kompare or with the nline one at http://www.wsnforum.com/filecomparison . Don't know if the changes are relevant or not to your situation.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.