Comments on Joomla, WSN Links Integration

tayhow
Beginner

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 1
Total Comments: 2
tayhow
Posted Mar 11, 2006 - 9:59 AM:

Has anyone worked out how to get single sign on working with WSN LINKS 3.3.8 or 9 and Joomla 1.08 or above versions?

I have used the integration generator for 3.3.8 and 1.08 and get the Joomla user database to act as the 'master', and will be upgrading to 3.3.9.

I looked for the relevant cookie fields for Joomla using proxytrace (excellent basic tool for reverse engineering http conversations) to allow the Joomla login to automatically log users into WSN Links, but no luck.

My guess is that the security level, selectable in Joomla settings determines how sessions are handled and that the default (highest, 3 I think) possibly doesn't use cookies.

Can Joomla be made to use cookies? Do I need to force cookies to integrate with WSN Links? Any ideas?

I also had username and name reversed initially, but haven't looked to understand exactly what was going on there.

Does anyone have better knowledge of Joomla authentication to solve this? The integration generator makes a good start.

(Unsurprisingly, the supplied Mambo integration file did not work for me.)

Thanks in advance, Howard
tayhow
Beginner

Total Topics: 1
tayhow
Posted Apr 07, 2006 - 6:05 PM:

Don't all shout at once!

smiling face
RTM
Beginner

Total Topics: 0
RTM
Posted Aug 24, 2006 - 7:52 AM:

I'm very interested in this as well. We're in the process of building a community (city) portal based on Joomla! but would want to run WSN Links as the business directory system.

Thanks...

Rob
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.