not working

Comments on Advanced search function

xtree

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 19
Total Comments: 50
xtree
Posted Jun 15, 2006 - 3:54 AM:

Advanced search function is not working for the links search (first section). It works fine for the category, comment and member search. I have tried reuploading search.php, and also have scanned searchadvanced.tpl for any mistakes which I couldnt find (I havent modified it since it was working).

Can you please advise.

Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Jun 17, 2006 - 7:01 PM:

Works fine for me, you need a more specific method to reproduce. Plus it's generally pointless to report trouble with an old version.
xtree

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 19
Total Comments: 50
xtree
Posted Aug 05, 2006 - 9:46 AM:

Bumping this thread back up because.

1. Have updated the script to last version (3.4.0) and I still cant get this to work.

2. The searchadnvanced.tpl template was modified to use div's instead of tables (which my original version used), which is why I suspect the functionality was lost. I have modified the old template quite a bit to match the site design and now it's lost functionality. Can I do anything about this?

Is there any way that when changes like this occur they wouldnt affect old template functionality??
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Aug 07, 2006 - 9:34 AM:

Have a look at the demo: http://www.wsnforum.com/linksuserdemo/search.php

If you can reproduce your problem there, re-describe it in a way that I know what you're doing. If you can't, the problem is a template customization which you've done.

Is there any way that when changes like this occur they wouldnt affect old template functionality??

Be careful about editing templates, and when anything breaks always check the default template (of the current version you're using, not of an old version) and re-do your customizations again from it more carefully. The file comparison tool is there if you want to use it, though it doesn't date back to 3.3.8.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.