Webmastersite.net
Register Log In

Editing contents of - The site administrators reserve the right to edit or remove any content you submit. Your content may also be reused in different places in different contexts around the site.
- The site administrators reserve the right to edit or remove any content you submit. Your content may also be reused in different places in different contexts around the site.
- You may not submit illegal content.
- Attempting to flood with many submissions is not allowed, nor are automated submissions are allowed.
- Post posts may not be abusive.
- Usage of the email features (if enabled) may not be abused to attempt to send spam.

Where/How do I find this

Comments on Editing contents of - The site administrators reserve the right to edit or remove any content you submit. Your content may also be reused in different places in different contexts around the site.
- The site administrators reserve the right to edit or remove any content you submit. Your content may also be reused in different places in different contexts around the site.
- You may not submit illegal content.
- Attempting to flood with many submissions is not allowed, nor are automated submissions are allowed.
- Post posts may not be abusive.
- Usage of the email features (if enabled) may not be abused to attempt to send spam.

The SEO Guy (NZ)
Beginner

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 2
Total Comments: 6
Posted Jul 25, 2006 - 10:50 PM:

Help....

At some point I placed my preferred site link details in the location referred to by >{TERMSOFSERVICE} in the tos.tpl

I would like to change this... but have no idea how I did it in the first place! :-)

A bit of documentation on the most effective method of specifiying the site's Reciprocal Link details would be helpful. I searched the forums and found several posts on the topic, each with different answers, and none relating to my particular dilemna :-)

Regards

Ben
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Jul 27, 2006 - 7:10 AM:

Admin -> settings -> users

I didn't know there was any method of specifying recip link details other than typing the url.
The SEO Guy (NZ)
Beginner

Posted Jul 27, 2006 - 8:10 AM:

Hi Paul

Maybe I did not explain myself clearly - I am not talking about the submitted sites Reciprocal Link...

I mean the Link Details that the Directory Administrator may want to specify for the submitter's Link to the Directory!!! :-)

As I mentioned earlier, its obviously been an issue other Directory administrators have struggled with... I cannot find anything in the manual or support forum that recommends the best method of explaining to my site visitors what I specifically require by way of a return link to MY directory.

My problem is that at some point I figured out how to get the details into the {TERMSOFSERVICE} which every registrant sees - but I cannot for the life of me find any notes or references that would enable me to edit what I've got... which is what I want to do. :-)

Cheers

Ben

Cheers

Ben
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Jul 27, 2006 - 1:41 PM:

Ah, normally people just write what they want people to use in the 'suggest link' template. To ease future template upgrading I have a 'submission rules' in the admin panel of 4.0 that's autoinserted much like the terms of service though.
The SEO Guy (NZ)
Beginner

Posted Jul 27, 2006 - 8:21 PM:

Thats fine - and will no doubt be great when I've got 4.0 :-)

However, that does not help me in the interim - could you please just tell me how to find and edit {TERMSOFSERVICE} in the meantime. NOT the tos.tpl, but wherever the source of the {TERMSOFSERVICE} is located... :-)

Cheers

Ben
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Jul 29, 2006 - 3:23 PM:

Read my July 27th, 4:10 AM post in this thread where I told you at the top where the terms of service are edited.

That has nothing to do with submission rules though. If you want so specify submission rules, you type it in the template: Admin Panel -> Customizations -> Templates -> 'Suggest Link', then type in text.
The SEO Guy (NZ)
Beginner

Posted Jul 29, 2006 - 8:38 PM:

Hi Paul

Thanks - and a thousand pardons - I focussed on the reciprocal link comments and missed the Admin > Settings >> Users pointer!
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.