Error Fatal error: Call to a member function on a

Comments on Error Fatal error: Call to a member func

eric0524
Experienced

Usergroup: Member

Total Topics: 15
Total Comments: 55
Posted Jul 20, 2006 - 3:15 PM:

Some of my images and thumbnails where missing so I went to regenerate everything. When I did, it go to the image attachments and then I got this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/vhosts/wwwroot/showyour.com/photoswap/classes/attachment.php on line 216

How can I track this down? What should I look for?
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Jul 23, 2006 - 7:35 AM:

It says the image isn't in a category. I can't reproduce that, but perhaps moving
     $path = $settings->uploadpath;
if ($switches['attachmentstree']) $path .= $thecat->staticpath();
up a line to above the
}
would help.

What sort of unusual things have you done with images that could cause their categories to not register?
eric0524
Experienced

Posted Jul 23, 2006 - 8:48 AM:

Not sure, it just started happening, I don't know if someone tried to run something they shouldn't have or maybe a corrupt image file. I have been going through and removing images without thumbnails or images that have a thumbnail and not corrisponding image. Wish I could just find the bad image. I'll try to move the code around and see if I can get through the regeneration.
eric0524
Experienced

Posted Jul 23, 2006 - 9:01 AM:

Start attachments at 400 then I get this error now. Is it looking at the data base to get the attachment list? Maybe I can find it there? Only thing I remember changing it tring to get the watermark to work I changed from GD to ImageMagik and uploaded a watermark. Maybe I should delete the watermark. I used a PNG file, it shows up in the settings. Maybe it's corrupting the images? But some of the new images are showing up and some not?

I didn't change the line I just moved the } to below the code:

Fatal error
: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/vhosts/wwwroot/showyour.com/photoswap/classes/attachment.php on line 216
eric0524
Experienced

Posted Jul 23, 2006 - 9:22 AM:

Well this will make no sence and all. I added a line of code at line 216 print($this->filename."<br>"); just so I could see where it was crapping out at. It never blew up after that.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.