Webmastersite.net
Register Log In

Sponsored links: if admin, you can't
edit a link to make sponsored.... it disappears!

Comments on Sponsored links: if admin, you can't

capitaine
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 94
Total Comments: 272
Posted May 29, 2006 - 3:53 PM:

If you use sponsored links and you're the admin, are you not able to edit a link, change the link type to sponsored, enter an amount in the Link Funds field, and expect to see that link as a sponsored link?

Because I tried that, and the link just disappears!! It doesn't show as a sponsored link (yes, code is correct in the templates) and nor is it hidden (doesn't show if you check the hidden links from search/edit)

The only way to get it back is to do a search for it using the name of the link...! (and through the admin cp only)
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted May 30, 2006 - 9:01 PM:

A link only disappears if you've specified to make that link type invisible.
capitaine
Forum Regular

Posted May 31, 2006 - 12:11 PM:

and you do that how...?

The links are fully visible on displaylinks.tpl for the sponsored type. Its just the regular link types, when edited by me, if sponsored is selected, it disappears....
babrees
Expert

Total Topics: 391
Total Comments: 1303
babrees
Posted May 31, 2006 - 10:11 PM:

capitaine wrote:
The links are fully visible on displaylinks.tpl for the sponsored type. Its just the regular link types, when edited by me, if sponsored is selected, it disappears....

I have found that since upgrading it will only show one type of link, that being the first in the template. I removed the <IF {SHOWLINK}> from around the link scripts and they then all show.

capitaine
Forum Regular

Posted Jun 01, 2006 - 3:42 AM:

babrees wrote:

I have found that since upgrading it will only show one type of link, that being the first in the template. I removed the <IF {SHOWLINK}> from around the link scripts and they then all show.

sorry not sure what you're referring to - I have never had any such problems after upgrading and my issue is to do specifically with editing regular links to make them sponsored links.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Jun 02, 2006 - 3:07 AM:

Don't do that, use 3.3.19 instead which fixed the issue in that thread (actually 3.3.18 fixed it, but anyhow).

This thread has nothing whatsover to do with the subject since capitaine specified that he's editing links, not allowing paypal to process them.

As far as how you make a link type hidden, there are all kinds of ways you can do that in the template -- simply leaving the area blank, or putting it inside of a conditional that evaluates to false.
capitaine
Forum Regular

Posted Jun 02, 2006 - 3:21 AM:

yeah this thread has been hijacked.

All I was saying was that, if as an admin you decided you wanted to edit a regular link and make it sponsored (by choosing sponsored from the linktype dropdown on edit.tpl and entering an amount in the link funds field) - the link simply disappears! To clarify: it doesn't get hidden, it disappears. Hidden links will show up if you choose Hide links from the admin, but this one only shows up if you do a search in the admin for the specific link name.

There can be many reasons why an admin may need to edit a link and make it sponsored, without the user having paid by Paypal, e.g. customer service reasons, a gesture of goodwill, etc. This may be a bug...
capitaine
Forum Regular

Posted Jun 02, 2006 - 6:25 AM:

as I say in #3, I have no problem with the display of sponsored link types. If sponsorship is turned off, I can edit a regular link and it displays as a sponsored link type fine. If I turn on sponsorship and then try to edit a regular link, I get the issue described in this topic
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Jun 04, 2006 - 11:11 PM:

Tested again with sponsorship on, the editing still works fine.
Paul
developer

Paul
#10 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Jun 08, 2006 - 8:09 AM:

<IF {SHOWPREMIUM}> (or presumably some other types, but seemingly not regular or recip for unknown reasons) doesn't seem to work right, at least on one person's site.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.