nor are they hidden

Comments on links not showing up

finsandfur
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 28
Total Comments: 103
Posted Apr 19, 2006 - 8:21 PM:

I had two links in a sub category that seemed to have disappeared since my upgrade, from basic to 3.3.13

If I enter the subcategory it showed 2 links (0 regular and 2 reciprocal) in this category, but you couldn't see them.

I went to search/edit to see if they showed up as hidden, they didn't.
I went back and searched from the main page for them and the came up...in the search, but still not viewable in the sub category.

So...I deleted the two links via their edit buttons after finding them in the search. Then I deleted the sub category also.

Then I went into admin and deleted orphaned aliases, and after that I regenerated everything.

I go back and rebuild the sub category, add the links and they still wont show up, in fact it tells me I'm trying to cross post, which means they are ghosting somewhere.
Any ideas?
Jim
http://www.finsandfur.net

finsandfur
Forum Regular

Posted Apr 20, 2006 - 6:08 AM:

Well after working on this through the night, it seems as though one category will not actually show the links placed in any NEW sub categories. It'll show how many links are in there and how many reciporacal, but it won't show the actual links.

I've added sub categories since, as test areas and can't get them deleted now. I've checked my admin permission, and am at a loss as what to do next.

Have I narrowed it down enough for someone to point me in the right direction?
Jim

finsandfur
Forum Regular

Posted Apr 20, 2006 - 3:51 PM:

Ran the upgrade again today over top of the existing and came up with no errors, but it didn't seem to fix the "links not showing up in one category" issue.

Any ideas?

I am truly sorry if this is too stupid of a issue to warrant a response, but maybe someone could point me in the right direction, or to where it was maybe previously discussed.

sad
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Apr 20, 2006 - 5:10 PM:

It acts as though you've removed the html from the template, but glancing at the template it seems you haven't.

www.finsandfur.net/index.ph...action=displaycat&catid=40 claims to have 1 reciprocal link. Does removing the <IF {RECIPTOTAL}> and corresponding </IF> from the show links in category template make something show up?
finsandfur
Forum Regular

Posted Apr 20, 2006 - 8:43 PM:

Thanks Paul.

No that didn't make a difference.

Do you lean towards the issue being in that template?
I'm wondering if the main template would cause this because that and the wrapper are the only ones I've edited thus far.
Jim
finsandfur
Forum Regular

Posted Apr 20, 2006 - 9:18 PM:

Here's a new twist, I think were gaining headway.

I went and added a link in that sub category (www.finsandfur.net/index.ph...action=displaycat&catid=40) and it was not a reciprocal link. As soon as I did it, it immediately exposed the link you noticed it claiming to have already in there.

Now they both show.

I went back and made the one I added a reciprocal link, and poof, they both disappeared again...

To confirm, I did it again, and added Yahoo.com as a non reciprocal, and yep, they all showed back up.

It doesn't seem to want reciprocals in there...alone.

Now for what it's worth, the two links that were originally in there were reciprocals, and they are the only two reciprocals I have at this time.
Jim

Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Apr 21, 2006 - 8:59 PM:

Do you lean towards the issue being in that template?

You should test that to find out. Try the default template.
finsandfur
Forum Regular

Posted Apr 22, 2006 - 9:40 AM:

Thanks Paul.
That didn't seem to cure it either.
In fact, next I went back and pulled the template directory all together, and put in a completely unedited version of all templates.

It still hid all links in subcategories that contain all recip's. disapproval
Jim
Paul
developer

Paul
1 of 1 people found this comment helpful
Posted Apr 23, 2006 - 1:37 AM:

I see now, looks similar to something that cropped up a few versions back and must need re-fixing. Remove <IF {REGULARTOTAL}> and the corresponding </IF> and it'll work. (Ironically that's there to solve an HTML validation bug issue, but an html error shouldn't be a big deal.)

Fixed in 3.3.15, due out late today.
finsandfur
Forum Regular

#10 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Apr 23, 2006 - 7:09 PM:

Thanks Paul.
It's beautiful.nod Works like a charm.grin
Jim
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.