Register Log In

How to unalias categorues

Comments on How to unalias categorues

Beginner

Usergroup: Guest
Total Topics: 0
Total Comments: 0
Posted Apr 19, 2006 - 1:25 AM:

Once I have an aliased a subcategory under more than one category. How do I then remove the subcategory from one or more of those categories, but still leave it under at least one category? Thanks.

Beginner

Posted Apr 19, 2006 - 1:31 AM:

By the way, I have tried unselecting the category I want it to unlink and it doesn't work - even after rebuilding counters.

Beginner

Posted Apr 19, 2006 - 2:19 AM:

OK. I seem to have worked out where the issue lies, but I don't have a fix for it. It seems that I can only remove the alias if I edit the sub-category via the category where I created the original record. If I go into the sub-category via a route from one of the categories that was aliased, then none of the main categorties are selected and selecting the ones I want to keep the alias to doesn't do anything. This makes it really difficult for editors. How are they supposed to know which was the original category and which was the alias, other than by trial and error?
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Apr 19, 2006 - 11:35 PM:

Don't think I've tried an aliased category in years, all the matters have been with aliased links lately. Anyhow I see a more serious issue, the list of subcategories of the category gets transformed to display literal html for the alias instead of actually parsing the html.

Beginner

Posted Apr 20, 2006 - 8:54 PM:

Thanks for the reply Paul. But I'm afraid that I don't understand a word of that. confused
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.