Did not complete all required fields? sad

Comments on All of a sudden image posting won't work

Credence
Beginner

Usergroup: Member

Total Topics: 3
Total Comments: 8
Posted Mar 09, 2006 - 9:49 PM:

New and interesting problem today. For some bizzare reason all of a sudden gallery is refusing all submissions. Just constantly comes back with: You did not complete all of the required fields. Regardless of what you put in. Even as admin, it's not allowing me to upload anything, even if I fill in every box it gives me (which is even more than a standard user account has).

I'm a bit of a loss right now, as it was working fine earlier yesterday.

Anyone got any ideas? confused
Credence
Beginner

Posted Mar 09, 2006 - 10:08 PM:

Hmmm, looks like i've figured it out. It would seem image posting will only work when you go to post an image through the album category link. I was accessing the submit image system manually assuming it would go by memberID in what it allowed you to post and where it placed the images. Looks like each image submit link gathers the submission info from the category ID of the page it's on.

Is there any way to make it so that when a user wants to post an image, they can choose from THEIR top level (their album, and all subcategories) aswell as the secondary category on the submit page, rather than having to go to each category or sub-category to add an image?

Ideally, I want to use one page for all uploading rather than forcing the user to go to each category to add an image. Once on their upload page, all files they submit will go into their albums toplevel (which would be their username), or they'll also be given the choice to upload to any subcategories they may have created within their own top level. And of course, the usual system of allowing them to also choose what public (alias) category they wish for their image to appear in as it works right now.

EDIT: May aswell bunch my questions into one post. I also seem to be having trouble getting embedded video files to center under firefox. Video shows up centered in IE, only firefox isn't playing nicely and is aligning the video to the left. Any ideas? I've tried surrounding the EMBED SRC areas with <center> and it's not working, and there's already a <p align "center"> there aswell, which doesn't seem to be working either (though it does under IE). Any ideas? sad

EDIT #2: One final problem, also to do with videos. When using the video thumbnail images (i.e avi.png) the script seems to be resampling the image thumbnail (through GD?) even though it doesn't need to. The result is that the thumbnails generated are very low quality compared to what the actual image looks like. Is there an way to either bypass this, or atleast set a quality output level for thumbnails that have been altered by GD? Thanks smiling face.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Mar 14, 2006 - 12:22 PM:

Changed for next version to have the appropriate selector options there.

As far as extension-based thumbs it looks like it only resamples if the size is bigger than the specified thumbnail size.
Credence
Beginner

Posted Mar 14, 2006 - 2:34 PM:

Good to hear, thanks Paul. For the time being i've gotten around it by creating a primary public directory which all images and videos will go into and then hiding the directory from listing. Now I just link the upload CATID directly to that dir, so all images and videos will appear in that category, and users simply must choose which alias category they want the file to appear in for it to show publicly.

I'm still having trouble getting the embedded video files to center under firefox though, any input?
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Mar 15, 2006 - 12:29 PM:

If <p> doesn't work, try a <div align="center">.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.