Webmastersite.net
Register Log In

Default to "reciprocal" link type?
Defaults to regular since upgrade

Comments on Default to "reciprocal" link type?

Errk!

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 11
Total Comments: 35
Errk!
Posted Feb 14, 2006 - 6:59 AM:

I upgraded from 3.3.1 to 3.3.6 and since I did, the default value for link submissions is "regular", even though I have it set up so that "reciprocal" is first on the list (in Settings > Links).

This worked before the upgrade - how do I reset it so that reciprocal is selected by default when submitting a link?

Errk!

Errk!
Posted Feb 14, 2006 - 9:52 PM:

More upgrade problems; thought they should go here rather than in a new thread.

"Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /home/totalspo/public_html/bulkedit.php on line 66" when I try to bulk edit a category. I made sure the file was there and re-uploaded it; no change.

I did not re-upload the /templates dir per the upgrade instructions, and the files /public_html/templates/default/rss.css and /public_html/templates/default/admin/recommend.tpl were missing (error appeared at the top of the page in the admin panel > customizations > templates. I uploaded the files; seems to be OK. Just an FYI.

And now I got the notification that 3.3.7 is available, but I had no idea if it was safe to upgrade without these problems being fixed. I have no idea if the 3.3.7 upgrade fixes the problems themselves because the link does not include any kind of description saying what the 3.3.7 upgrade changes.
Errk!

Errk!
Posted Feb 14, 2006 - 10:45 PM:

I went ahead with 3.3.7. I doubt I'll ever upgrade again.

Now getting:

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/totalspo/public_html/classes/database.php on line 108

after running the upgrade script.
Errk!

Errk!
Posted Feb 15, 2006 - 12:40 AM:

Still a problem in 3.3.7 when I try to bulk edit:

Warning: main(classes/poll.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/totalspo/public_html/bulkedit.php on line 3
Errk!

Errk!
Posted Feb 16, 2006 - 7:37 AM:

Any ideas on the bulk edit problem? The page doesn't come up at all; all I get is the error I mentioned above and I am completely unable to bulk edit or unhide suspended links.

This is a pretty serious problem...
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Feb 16, 2006 - 11:41 AM:

Errk! wrote:
Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/totalspo/public_html/classes/database.php on line 108

As pinned thread, manual etc explain you're wasting time posting that without debug.

I did not re-upload the /templates dir per the upgrade instructions, and the files /public_html/templates/default/rss.css and /public_html/templates/default/admin/recommend.tpl were missing (error appeared at the top of the page in the admin panel > customizations > templates.

The instructions very explicity order you to overwrite the admin subdirectory of the template set and to upload the rss files. I suggest you go back and read the upgrade instructions and follow any other steps you have skipped.

Confirmed and fixed the category bulk edit issue.
Errk!

Errk!
Posted Feb 16, 2006 - 1:49 PM:

Paul wrote:
Confirmed and fixed the category bulk edit issue.

Pardon my ignorance, but what do we do to fix it?

I would assume that if you fixed the problem in the download file that we would have to re-download that whenever the link gets fixed, but I would also assume we wouldn't have to re-upload every single file...
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Feb 19, 2006 - 4:51 PM:

Presuming you haven't customized any php files, the standard thing to do is overwrite the non-templates.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.