register/sponsorship
Use sponsorship without registering.

Comments on register/sponsorship

blackkn58

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 4
Total Comments: 14
Posted Feb 02, 2006 - 6:01 PM:

I am using wsn links as a addon to my web site and I do not want people to have to register to add their web site. This poses a problem when using the sponsorship settings because the link to be able to apply for ppc is only visible to registered users. Also I would like to test it to see how looks and runs for free as it is not possible to pay myself through paypal. If it is possible I was thinking of maybe creating a form on the promote.php but I am unsure of the code to call on the paypal.php. I am a half decent coder, I am just looking for any ideas that anyone may have.

Thank you.
Blackkn58rolling eyes
zippo
Forum Regular

Total Topics: 48
Total Comments: 166
zippo
Posted Feb 02, 2006 - 9:46 PM:

Off hand I can't see how the script could possibly keep track of sponsored links for Guest users. If you don't want the people who might buy sponsored links to become members then you will probably have to manually handle the whole process. More pain than it's worth IMO, certainly enough extra work IMO to require the people to join the WSN Links member system if they want to pay for for link placement.

I may not fully understand what you're talking about too smiling face -- I've only briefly worked with the sponsored links stuff and have not experimented with the PPC setting(s) at all.

You may already know this, but in case not -- If you have a premier or business paypal you can also (last I checked) have a free/personal account or the other way around, have a free account and create a premier/business account. With two accounts you can then test stuff, and refund yourself if you like.
blackkn58

Total Topics: 4
Total Comments: 14
Posted Feb 03, 2006 - 9:57 AM:

Actually its not much work to set up a payment page through paypal and add the code yourself. It would take me about 3 minutes from checking my email and adding the code.
However this only poses one problem. How do I keep people from submitting to the top level categories as this is where I would put the sponsored links.

Thanks for your imput.
Blackkn58sad
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Feb 03, 2006 - 11:11 AM:

Allowing guests to sponsor seems simple enough to me, just place the link where they can click it in the template. Of course it's more practical to have them register so that you aren't asking everyone to sponsor everyone's like and they can edit it.

Also I would like to test it to see how looks and runs for free as it is not possible to pay myself through paypal.

The easiest way to do that is to edit the link to add funds to it. Paypal.php is designed for paypal to work with, not for anything else to work with, so it really can't be texted -- unless you use paypal's developer sandbox.

How do I keep people from submitting to the top level categories as this is where I would put the sponsored links.

Edit the category to change the category usergroup permissions. (I don't believe there's a way to set all top level categories at once.)
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.