Comments on Link Types not showing

babrees
Expert

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 391
Total Comments: 1303
babrees
Posted Dec 11, 2005 - 10:57 PM:

Reinstalled WSN Links onto a new server. Everything seems to be fine so far EXCEPT that not all the link types are showing.

In Link Settings for official names I have: premium,recip,club

For Display names I have: Premium,Reciprocal,Club

But when you suggest a link only Reciprocal and Club show up.
babrees
Expert

babrees
Posted Dec 12, 2005 - 1:45 AM:

OK - I turned off the sponsorship for premium link type and now it shows.

Could this be to do with the fact that I am running a free version of the forum, which doesn't have sponsorship available, and that I have integrated the links with the forum?

If that is the problem is there any way round it other than have to pay for the forum?
babrees
Expert

babrees
Posted Dec 12, 2005 - 1:59 AM:

Even though I have turned off the sponsorship and premium type can now be selected when suggesting a link those links that are of premium type are not showing in the category. The template is correct (was working before) and premium type is definitely in there.
babrees
Expert

babrees
Posted Dec 12, 2005 - 11:49 PM:

OK, whatever the problem was it LOOKS as though it might've corrected itself!! I'm sure I didn't do anything, but who cares - IT'S WORKING!!!!!!!nod
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Dec 13, 2005 - 8:10 PM:

IIRC only admins can submit to a sponsored link type. Other people are of course supposed to click the sponsorship option to get into it.
babrees
Expert

babrees
Posted Dec 14, 2005 - 12:04 AM:

Paul wrote:
IIRC only admins can submit to a sponsored link type. Other people are of course supposed to click the sponsorship option to get into it.

What's IIRC?

With a premium link my members do not have to have a reciprocal link. If they cannot choose "premium" when submitting the form defaults to reciprocal and demands a reciprocal link on their site.

There is also the fact that I can't see the premium type either when I am logged in as admin, so how can you select it at all?

So, presumably I will have to manually input the options on the template and not rely on <select name="type">{TYPEOPTIONS}</select>???
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Dec 15, 2005 - 10:46 PM:

If I recall correctly.

I can't see the premium type either when I am logged in as admin

Seems it doesn't show it as admin, I remember it used to but perhaps I got fed up with all the support forum threads where people kept saying that sponsorship was broken because it was allowing directly submitting to the sponsored types.

If they cannot choose "premium" when submitting the form defaults to reciprocal and demands a reciprocal link on their site.

Well that's a problem. Perhaps you should use a distinct template if you want these distinct types of submissions, and force the premium submission template to the premium type.

As for manually inputing the options would do the same thing, I don't know if it would foward to the sponsor page after that.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.