Customise - WSNGallery/Links
Looking to Customise

Comments on Customise - WSNGallery/Links

searcher1

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 9
Total Comments: 16
Posted Dec 04, 2005 - 1:05 AM:

A while ago I wanted to make WSNgallery (and WSNlink a specific part of my site - a model (photographic) and resource site. So much and so much to customise. Basically due to my inexperience etc. I decided to try wander off and try Elance and posted for someone to redesign.
I actually got 6 quotes - 5 within and 1 out of my price range. Now I've never done this before but the single one I chose ended up an absolute failure with 50% payment made and as I have my own server I gave space for the person to use. Shall we say communication was hopeless if almost non existent followed by a message telling me it'd be ready by Monday (like 5 weeks late)and he (or she) never even used the space and facilities offered. Finally it never happened and due to a limited budget decided to give it up as a bad job.
Maybe someone here can suggest a more positive chance of me finding someone. Maybe I just happened to strike unlucky but it's made me exceptionally wary of so called freelance services because the acknowledged profiles showed differently.
Michael
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Dec 05, 2005 - 5:40 PM:

A couple of years ago I tried elance to get a pretty default template set made for WSN Links. Ended up with a bait and switch company that, once I sent them the script, declared that it was too horribly ugly of a script for their eyes to bear and they'd have to rewrite the entire PHP code base of it, switch template engines, etc... for $14/hour instead of the previously agreed $200 or so price. So I can't say I have great confidence in using elance either, though I pulled out before losing any money.

I suggest trying the web designers I've listed on the WSN Links resources page: scripts.webmastersite.net/w...snlinks/?section=resources
They're WSN customers who know the script(s) and know what they're getting into (and specifically asked me to place their link there), which makes it more realistic than asking someone from elance to learn WSN.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.