Comments on Integrating WSN Forum

babrees
Expert

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 391
Total Comments: 1303
babrees
Posted Nov 25, 2005 - 9:13 PM:

I have wsn links and have started looking at wsn forum. Uploaded forum using same database as links.

Go to admin panel of LINKS to integrate the forum, but I just get error message:

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /var/www/html/links/classes/database.php on line 108

babrees
Expert

babrees
Posted Nov 25, 2005 - 9:30 PM:

I've just tried a new install of both programs on a brand new site. Installed forum first then links using the same db.

Going to integrate on the links admin panel and I get the same error message as above

Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Nov 25, 2005 - 11:59 PM:

You're using the standard tables prefix? It's working fine for me at http://links.philosophyforums.com integrated with WSN Forum, no modifications made to the integration file.

Post the debug output.
babrees
Expert

babrees
Posted Nov 26, 2005 - 10:40 PM:

Here it is... This is on a brand new site where I have just uploaded the forum, then the links, using the same database. I have not touched anything, just installed <G>

Load time so far: 0.61 seconds.
Performing query: SELECT id FROM wsnlinks_categories WHERE validated=1 AND hide=0 AND isalbum=0 ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 0,1;

Load time so far: 0.63 seconds.
Performing query: SELECT name,value FROM wsnlinks_switches WHERE id>0 ;

Number of rows is 57 for Resource id #36

Load time so far: 0.65 seconds.
Performing query: SELECT id,type,original,replacement,description,originalclose,replacementclose,sortorder FROM wsnlinks_markup WHERE type='wsncode' ORDER BY sortorder ;

Number of rows is 22 for Resource id #40

Load time so far: 0.66 seconds.
Performing query: SELECT original,replacement,description,id,sortorder FROM wsnlinks_markup WHERE type='smilie' ORDER BY sortorder ;

Number of rows is 14 for Resource id #41

Load time so far: 0.67 seconds.
Performing query: SELECT id,title,caneditown,caneditall,canvote,isadmin,canpost,canemail,validatecats,validatecomments,validatelinks,validateedits,cansubmitlinks,cansubmitcategories,cansubmitcomments,caneditownlinks,caneditowncategories,caneditowncomments,caneditownprofile,caneditalllinks,caneditallcategories,caneditallcomments,caneditallprofiles,candownloadfiles,canupload,canviewip,limitlinks,canemailmembers,canusehtml,limitlinksdaily,canalias,cancopy,candeleteown,candeleteall,candofulledit,candeletecategories,candeletecomments,candeleteowncategories,candeleteowncomments,candeletemembers,candeleteownmembers,canaliascategories,canviewpages,caneditvotes,numaliases,canviewvotes,canhideownlinks,canhideowncategories,canhideowncomments,canhidealllinks,canhideallcategories,canhideallcomments,canratecomments,bytespermem,canpm,canim,canharddelete,limitpms,limitpmsdaily,canviewdeleted,cansubmitpolls,candeletepolls,candeleteownpolls,caneditpolls,caneditownpolls,attachperpost,attachperpm,canviewshouts,caneditshouts,caneditownshouts,candeleteshouts,candeleteownshouts,cansubmitshouts,canpollvote,customtitle,canviewinvisible,namestyle,canpmimportant,canviewmodlog,isleader,cansubmitquotes,validatequotes,candeletequotes,candeleteownquotes,canreport,canusesearch,attachperlink,validateattachments,caneditownquotes,caneditallquotes,canviewchat,caneditownevents,caneditallevents,candeleteownevents,candeleteevents,cansubmitevents,validateevents FROM wsnlinks_membergroups WHERE id>0 ;

Load time so far: 0.68 seconds.
Performing query: SELECT id,name,links,comments,time,usergroup,password,ip,totalhits,totalhitsin,email,validated,template,language,lastattempt,allowemail,signature,avatarname,stylesheet,allowuseremail,albumid,failedattempts,totalbytes,funds,notifyoflinks,lastvisit,timezone,rating,pmfolders,notifyofpms,acceptpms,cookieduration,banned,location,homepage,occupation,bio,aim,icq,msn,yahoo,inactive,timeonline,totalpms,buddies,ignored,isonline,acceptims,adminpermissions,referrer,groupreverttime,grouprevertto,moderationpm,secondarygroups,linksperpage,commentsperpage,shouts,customtitle,shoutban,topicbans,forumbans,visibility,birthdate,lastsession,interests,posteditor,forumaccess,pmpopup,pmnotify,modnotes,guestnotes,salt,lastmodnote,newpms,imflag,orderalbums,lastguestnote,autosubscribe,notifymethod,showavatars,showsigs,warninglevel,topics,posts,chatcolor FROM wsnlinks_members WHERE id=1 AND validated=1 ;

Load time so far: 0.73 seconds.
Performing query: SHOW TABLES FROM thehorsescene_co_uk_-_wsn;

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /var/www/html/horsemart/classes/database.php on line 108

Number of rows is for You have an error in your SQL syntax near '-_wsn' at line 1

Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Nov 27, 2005 - 1:27 AM:

SHOW TABLES FROM thehorsescene_co_uk_-_wsn;

Is that even a legal database name?

I'm not even very familiar with the SHOW TABLES query and I'm sure I haven't used it anywhere outside of the integration generator. It certainly doesn't show in any debug output of any WSN site I've ever seen, such as here. You're not looking at the integration generator, are you?
babrees
Expert

babrees
Posted Nov 27, 2005 - 1:51 AM:

Paul wrote:
SHOW TABLES FROM thehorsescene_co_uk_-_wsn;

Is that even a legal database name??

The first part is the default and it does not allow me to alter that. It is only the wsn bit that I can name.

Paul wrote:
I'm not even very familiar with the SHOW TABLES query and I'm sure I haven't used it anywhere outside of the integration generator. It certainly doesn't show in any debug output of any WSN site I've ever seen, such as here. You're not looking at the integration generator, are you?

OK, I have no idea what I'm doing! (as you might've guessed<G> )

I saw you post elsewhere saying "All you do is go to the admin panel of each and select the same script to integrate with. For example, select 'WSN Links' on the integration menu for all except WSN Links (which of course needn't self-integrate). " The only place I can see the word integrate in the admin panel is where it says Integration Generator. So that's where I went and when I get the error message. If that is wrong then please tell me where and how to do this in language for a dumb blonde to understand!

Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Nov 27, 2005 - 8:05 PM:

Go to your admin panel and under 'settings' click 'users'.
babrees
Expert

babrees
Posted Nov 27, 2005 - 9:31 PM:

geesh thanks Paul (you haven't got an embarrased smilie!)
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.