Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 172
Total Comments: 462
peumus
Posted Oct 23, 2005 - 6:37 AM:

Hello Paul,

If we select expired links to be hidden not deleted,
we could take advantage of this by presenting them
on a listing called "Your expired links" bellow "Your links" at "Options" user menu. If possible, I would like to suggest this,
as it would be very useful for users to motivate them renew their expired publications.

Also I would like to suggest {LINKISEXPIRED} variable in order to select expired links.

Thank you again.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Oct 23, 2005 - 5:08 PM:

Is there any other way in which you would be hiding links, besides expiration? If not, just show a list of their hidden links.
peumus
Forum Regular

peumus
Posted Oct 23, 2005 - 7:12 PM:

Paul,

One example of hidding but not expiring would be
for links pending for payment that have met a free publishing period, and after this period of time if they have not payed they need to be hidden. These links have not expired, but hidden awaiting for future payment.

For the moment I believe I can generate the expired link list with some variable combinations. If I face further difficulties I will insist on this. In this way, could you please confirm me, what's the direct variable that's determining that a link is expired ?

Thanks
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Oct 25, 2005 - 7:08 PM:

There is no variable/field for telling if a link is expired, only one for how long until it does expire. When something expires, that means it's hidden or deleted (depending on the pref).
peumus
Forum Regular

peumus
Posted Oct 25, 2005 - 8:12 PM:

Paul,

It would be very useful to have a {LINKISEXPIRED} variable with a boolean true/false (or yes/no) alternatives to be false by default but to change to true when a link reaches and completes it's expire date. This in order to differenciate an expired publication besides a hidden but non expired publication. There could be other reasons for hidding, also the users can have their own reasons for hidding their own publication for a period of time (and we can give them the alternative for hide their publications).

In this way, I would like to request a {LINKISEXPIRED} variable to be included please.

Thank you.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Oct 28, 2005 - 2:22 AM:

That will require redoing the basic idea of expiration, and will only be possible to apply to future expired links (no possible upgrading method since the data simply isn't there), but I'll consider it.
peumus
Forum Regular

peumus
Posted Nov 25, 2005 - 10:19 PM:

Paul,

Just to ask for the status of the above suggestion of

{LINKISEXPIRED} variable

Thanks.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Nov 26, 2005 - 1:57 AM:

No overhaul of the concept of expiration is in the works. It's always possible it may be after finish things I consider more important.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.