Possible problem with member registration

Comments on Database error - member login

TearingHairOut
Beginner

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 5
Total Comments: 7
Posted Jul 31, 2005 - 11:17 AM:

I recently installed WSN 3.20 for the first time (not an upgrade).

At first things were going OK, and I was setting options, creating categories etc.

Then I tried setting up a new user with the status of Member. The registation process went fine, but a database error appeared subsequently on all pages (details below). I'm not sure if it is directly connected to the fact that a new user was created immediately beforehand.

Also, the link to the Moderator Control Panel appears at the bottom of the page when the ordinary member logs in. I would have thought this should only appear for a user with the status of moderator. I checked settings to make sure that there was nothing to instantly upgrade an ordinary member to moderator.

I am not sure if the database error/ moderator control panel issues are linked at this stage.

Here is the bug report for the database error, taken from the index.php page:

Load time so far: 0.32 seconds.
Performing query: SELECT id,name,parent,validated,description,time,parentnames,parentids,numlinks,hide,lastlinktime,custom,lastedit,moderators,headerinfo,related,numsub,type,permissions,subscribers,subscriber,mixtypes,isalbum,orderlinks,totalcomments,ulsearchmax,ulsearchquery,ulsearchadult,alias,catcols,linkcols,dmozpath,sponsorlinks,views,customwrap,deleted,reqlinks,reqcoms,reqlinksdelay,priority,levelsdeep,lastposterid,lastpostername,lastcommenttime,lastthreadid,lastthreadtitle,linkshere,unvalidatedlinks,unvalidatedcomments,actaslink,countposts FROM wsnlinks_categories WHERE validated=1 AND deleted=0 AND hide=0 ;

Number of rows is 13 for Resource id #45

Load time so far: 0.35 seconds.
Performing query: LOCK TABLES wsnlinks_email WRITE, wsnlinks_links WRITE, wsnlinks_categories WRITE, wsnlinks_members WRITE;

Load time so far: 0.36 seconds.
Performing query: SELECT id,`to`,subject,message,headers,replacement,mime FROM wsnlinks_email WHERE timesent=0 ORDER BY id ASC LIMIT 0,10;

Number of rows is 0 for Resource id #46

Load time so far: 0.36 seconds.
Performing query: UNLOCK TABLES;

Load time so far: 0.37 seconds.
Performing query: SELECT id,name,links,comments,time,usergroup,password,ip,totalhits,totalhitsin,email,validated,template,language,lastattempt,allowemail,signature,avatarname,stylesheet,allowuseremail,albumid,failedattempts,totalbytes,funds,notifyoflinks,lastvisit,timezone,rating,pmfolders,notifyofpms,acceptpms,cookieduration,banned,location,homepage,occupation,bio,aim,icq,msn,yahoo,inactive,timeonline,totalpms,buddies,ignored,isonline,acceptims,adminpermissions,referrer,groupreverttime,grouprevertto,moderationpm,secondarygroups,linksperpage,commentsperpage,shouts,customtitle,shoutban,topicbans,forumbans,visibility,birthdate,lastsession,interests,posteditor,forumaccess,pmpopup,pmnotify,modnotes,guestnotes,salt,lastmodnote,newpms,imflag,orderalbums,lastguestnote,autosubscribe,notifymethod,showavatars,showsigs,warninglevel FROM wsnlinks_members WHERE validated = 1 AND usergroup = 2 AND time < 1122739680 AND posts > 1 ;

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in ..\..\..\..\..\classes\database.php on line 108

Number of rows is for Unknown column 'posts' in 'where clause'

Load time so far: 0.37 seconds.
Performing query: SELECT id,name,parent,validated,description,time,parentnames,parentids,numlinks,hide,lastlinktime,custom,lastedit,moderators,headerinfo,related,numsub,type,permissions,subscribers,subscriber,mixtypes,isalbum,orderlinks,totalcomments,ulsearchmax,ulsearchquery,ulsearchadult,alias,catcols,linkcols,dmozpath,sponsorlinks,views,customwrap,deleted,reqlinks,reqcoms,reqlinksdelay,priority,levelsdeep,lastposterid,lastpostername,lastcommenttime,lastthreadid,lastthreadtitle,linkshere,unvalidatedlinks,unvalidatedcomments,actaslink,countposts FROM wsnlinks_categories WHERE parent=0 AND validated=1 AND hide=0 AND isalbum=0 AND deleted=0 ORDER BY name ASC LIMIT 0,300;

Unknown column 'posts' in 'where clause'

Number of rows is 10 for Resource id #49

Load time so far: 0.39 seconds.
Performing query: SELECT id FROM wsnlinks_categories WHERE parent=0 AND validated=1 AND hide=0 AND deleted=0 ;

Number of rows is 10 for Resource id #50

Setting cookie with name returnto, value ..//.../.../index.php and duration 1122826980

Load time so far: 0.56 seconds.
Performing query: SELECT COUNT(id) FROM wsnlinks_sessions WHERE memberid>0 ;

Count is 1

Load time so far: 0.56 seconds.
Performing query: SELECT COUNT(id) FROM wsnlinks_sessions WHERE memberid=0 ;

Count is 0

Load time so far: 0.61 seconds.
Performing query: SELECT id,title,url,description,rating,votes,validated,catid,sumofvotes,email,time,hits,numcomments,hide,ownerid,voterips,voterids,lastedit,type,notify,suspect,pendingedit,funds,suspended,alias,expire,ip,inalbum,typeorder,recipurl,hitsin,recipwith,hitsinips,hitsoutips,lastcomment,related,inhidden,viewers,threadviewers,hitsintemp,hitsouttemp,origtype,importance,parentids,timesdead,timesemailed,threadclosed,threadposters,lastposterid,lastpostername,ownername,deleted,deletionreason,movedto,deletedby,timevalidated,filefield FROM wsnlinks_links WHERE validated=1 AND hide=0 AND deleted=0 AND inhidden=0 AND alias=0 AND inalbum=0 ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 0,15;

Number of rows is 0 for Resource id #54

Load time so far: 0.61 seconds.
Performing query: SELECT id,memberid,location,time,ip,browser,starttime,catid,threadid,areaname,lastsearch,nopermission FROM wsnlinks_sessions WHERE time > 1122825180 AND (memberid>0) ORDER BY time DESC LIMIT 0,100;

Number of rows is 0 for Resource id #55

A point which may be of importance is that I am running on Windows2003 and IIS.

The error message says "Number of rows is for Unknown column 'posts' in 'where clause'" - I presume this is a reference to posts by members, but I am not using this feature. Therefore, the number of posts by a member cannot be > 1.

I will try turning the posting feature back on to see if it makes a difference.

If there is anything else I should provide to assist resolving the issue, I'll do it as quickly as possible.

Thanks in advance,

Donal
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Jul 31, 2005 - 11:50 PM:

FROM wsnlinks_members WHERE validated = 1 AND usergroup = 2 AND time < 1122739680 AND posts > 1 ;

Number of rows is for Unknown column 'posts' in 'where clause'

I can't produce anything like this in 3.21.

Edit: Ah, it looks like the sort of query you'd get if you were using the auto-promotion option in the member settings. Did you fill that in telling it to promote members from the 'members' usergroup to something else when they've been registered for a certain number of days and have more than 1 post?
TearingHairOut
Beginner

Posted Aug 02, 2005 - 7:52 AM:

I decided to take more drastic action to solve my problem - I deleted everything and purged the database before installing again with 3.21. Since I was still setting up I only lost categories and some template work.

I've realised that I don't actually need the member system as long as non-members can submit links.

So far so good this time.
TearingHairOut
Beginner

Posted Aug 05, 2005 - 10:53 AM:

3.21 installed succesfully.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Aug 05, 2005 - 11:23 AM:

Fixed the issue with the auto-promotion option in 3.22, not that the feature has much use for most people.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.