Comments on Attached images do not appear

gemini
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 54
Total Comments: 197
gemini
Posted Jul 25, 2005 - 9:29 PM:

None of the attached images appearing in the listings. Looks like the template variable {LINKFILENAME} hasn't been changed.. don't know what's the problem.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Jul 26, 2005 - 12:37 AM:

Where exactly do you see a {LINKFILENAME}? I don't see it anywhere.

Edit: your other post indicated you were using old templates, so I'll presume you were again here and move this out of bug reports.
gemini
Forum Regular

gemini
Posted Jul 26, 2005 - 6:15 AM:

I have a filename field in the links table and I was showing thumbnail/logo for some links - the column is emplty now and I don't see any other tables carying the same data. I still see the files in the attachments folder...
gemini
Forum Regular

gemini
Posted Jul 26, 2005 - 8:12 AM:

Okay, I looked at the new displaylinks template and I see that it has reference to {ATTACHID} which probably is the id field in the attachments table - the table is emply right now.. what do I do? I don't know which image belongs to which id.. looks like the filename column in the links table has been dropped - it is emply too.. I was showing thumbnails as

src="attachments/{LINKFILENAME}"

now I have no records of them..

any suggestions?
trued
Experienced

Total Topics: 19
Total Comments: 69
trued
Posted Jul 26, 2005 - 3:32 PM:

I was having the same problem. The manual has been updated with the code for adding the thumbnail for an attachment. Add it just as it is there. It will look for the attachment and link id on its own, as long as there is an attachment available.
Search : thumbnail
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Jul 26, 2005 - 3:56 PM:

If the attachments table is empty, you haven't run the import which is linked in upgrade.php and mentioned in upgrade instructions.
gemini
Forum Regular

gemini
Posted Jul 26, 2005 - 5:03 PM:

actually I did - it was a link on the buttom of the page after the upgrade was done. Any ideas on how I can re-do it since upgrade.php page doesn't show up for me anymore?
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Jul 27, 2005 - 6:33 AM:

You have to fix whatever causes upgrade.php to not "show up"... as mentioned before, anything that could do that presumably breaks the rest of the script too. But saying that something doesn't show up is of course not very descriptive, could mean a 404 or some chmod-related 403 or most anything.
gemini
Forum Regular

gemini
Posted Jul 27, 2005 - 1:58 PM:

I was trying to do $debug = 1; but it didn't help - I'm not getting any messages.. I checked my error log and found that comments.php was giving 403 - chmoded it to 666, than to 777 - didn't help - switched back to what it was. Any ideas on how I can debug this?
Paul
developer

Paul
#10 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Jul 27, 2005 - 9:09 PM:

403 errors are filesystem matters. Usually they're chmods, like lunarpages gives 403s for any php file that isn't chmoded to 644. Other times it could be a host issue. But are you sure you're actually getting a 403 there? You wouldn't have to check an error log for that presumably, you'd see it in your browser, right?
gemini
Forum Regular

gemini
#11 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Jul 28, 2005 - 5:53 AM:

No I didn't see it in my browser.. may be someone else did.. I just checked my error log to if there are any errors related to this upgrade. I don't know how to debug it to get it right.
zewxr

Total Topics: 9
Total Comments: 30
zewxr
#12 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Jul 28, 2005 - 6:25 AM:

for me on my v3.2 all attachment appears well ! with the multilanguage templates ! but ! when i change a link to put him in another category, i need to cancel first the attachment and after uplaod the attacment on the site in the final category sad

when you don't active the switch : Attachments directory as category tree

you don't have this trouble !

problem of chmod of the new directory tree in the attachment directory sad
zewxr

zewxr
#13 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Jul 28, 2005 - 9:35 AM:

little precision ...

i can see all attacment only if i'm on my site with registration (admin o user) if i'm just a visitor .. the thumb don't appear GGRRRR bugs ...
zewxr

zewxr
#14 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Jul 28, 2005 - 9:44 AM:

other precision ... with Firefox 1.0.4 i don't need to log me ... but with IE yes sad
Paul
developer

Paul
#15 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Jul 28, 2005 - 4:34 PM:

zewxr: no, you just need to read the manual entry which mentions the need for regeneration when you use that switch and take such actions.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.