Comments on RSS feed from specific category

tobz
Beginner

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 2
Total Comments: 3
tobz
Posted Jun 05, 2005 - 5:47 AM:

Hi, I can't seem to get this to work, I want an RSS feed for just one category - I've tried adding &catid=7 to the url of the RSS feed:

rssfeed.php?type=links&number=5&field=time&ascdesc=descending&catid=7

but this doesn't have any effect.

Can anyone help? I have read the manual and it says "Just as for toplists, you can specify the ordering and type and number of items listed by tacking the info onto the end of the URL." Now, using catid=7 in the filter section of the toplist generator works as expected...

Thanks.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Jun 05, 2005 - 11:29 AM:

&condition=catid=7 would be the proper way.
tobz
Beginner

Total Topics: 2
Total Comments: 3
tobz
Posted Jun 05, 2005 - 12:19 PM:

Ah, top man, thanks Paul - works a treat smiling face
bigdogglen
Beginner

Total Topics: 1
Total Comments: 2
Posted Jul 27, 2005 - 1:09 PM:

The way rssfeed.php is set up, the rss is displayed so the WSN Directory links are shown pointing to their original links. For example:

Yahoo
Yahoo's site descprition...

How could I change it so the link goes to the details page of my directory, instead of straight to the site? I know it sounds confusing, but basically what I want to happen is the links from the rss feeds to go to my directory before they click out to the listed site.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Jul 27, 2005 - 9:06 PM:

One way is to edit the rss feed template to use {DIRURL}/link.php?id={LINKID} as the link. Alternately you can change rssfeed.php to replace
   if ($thisone->url != '') $linkstuff = $thisone->url;
else $linkstuff = $settings->dirurl .'/link.php?id='. $thisone->id;
with
   if ($thisone->url != '' && !$useredirlin) $linkstuff = $thisone->url;
else $linkstuff = $settings->dirurl .'/link.php?id='. $thisone->id;
and pass useredirlin=1 in the url (this will be applied in future versions).
david
Forum Regular

Total Topics: 91
Total Comments: 305
david
Posted Aug 10, 2005 - 7:52 PM:

Hey Paul,

replacing the {THELINK} with {DIRURL}/link.php?={LINKID} doesn't work.

Load time so far: 0.11 seconds.
Performing query: SELECT id FROM wsnlinks_categories WHERE validated=1 AND hide=0 AND isalbum=0 ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 0,1;

Load time so far: 0.12 seconds.
Performing query: SELECT name,value FROM wsnlinks_switches WHERE id>0 ;

Number of rows is 52 for Resource id #37

Performing query: SELECT original,replacement,description,id,sortorder FROM wsnlinks_markup WHERE type='smilie' ORDER BY sortorder ;

Number of rows is 14 for Resource id #38

Performing query: SELECT id,title,caneditown,caneditall,canvote,isadmin,canpost,canemail,validatecats,validatecomments,validatelinks,validateedits,cansubmitlinks,cansubmitcategories,cansubmitcomments,caneditownlinks,caneditowncategories,caneditowncomments,caneditownprofile,caneditalllinks,caneditallcategories,caneditallcomments,caneditallprofiles,candownloadfiles,canupload,canviewip,limitlinks,canemailmembers,canusehtml,limitlinksdaily,canalias,cancopy,candeleteown,candeleteall,candofulledit,candeletecategories,candeletecomments,candeleteowncategories,candeleteowncomments,candeletemembers,candeleteownmembers,canaliascategories,canviewpages,caneditvotes,numaliases,canviewvotes,canhideownlinks,canhideowncategories,canhideowncomments,canhidealllinks,canhideallcategories,canhideallcomments,canratecomments,bytespermem,canpm,canim,canharddelete,limitpms,limitpmsdaily,canviewdeleted,cansubmitpolls,candeletepolls,candeleteownpolls,caneditpolls,caneditownpolls,attachperpost,attachperpm,canviewshouts,caneditshouts,caneditownshouts,candeleteshouts,candeleteownshouts,cansubmitshouts,canpollvote,customtitle,canviewinvisible,namestyle,canpmimportant,canviewmodlog,isleader,cansubmitquotes,validatequotes,candeletequotes,candeleteownquotes,canreport,canusesearch,attachperlink,validateattachments FROM wsnlinks_membergroups WHERE id>0 ;

Load time so far: 0.13 seconds.
Performing query: SELECT id,name,parent,validated,description,time,parentnames,parentids,numlinks,hide,lastlinktime,custom,lastedit,moderators,headerinfo,related,numsub,type,permissions,subscribers,subscriber,mixtypes,isalbum,orderlinks,totalcomments,ulsearchmax,ulsearchquery,ulsearchadult,alias,catcols,linkcols,dmozpath,sponsorlinks,views,customwrap,deleted,reqlinks,reqcoms,reqlinksdelay,priority,levelsdeep,lastposterid,lastpostername,lastcommenttime,lastthreadid,lastthreadtitle,linkshere,unvalidatedlinks,unvalidatedcomments,actaslink,countposts FROM wsnlinks_categories WHERE validated=1 AND deleted=0 AND hide=0 ;

Number of rows is 50 for Resource id #44

Load time so far: 0.15 seconds.
Performing query: LOCK TABLES wsnlinks_email WRITE, wsnlinks_links WRITE, wsnlinks_categories WRITE, wsnlinks_members WRITE;

Performing query: SELECT id,`to`,subject,message,headers,replacement,mime FROM wsnlinks_email WHERE timesent=0 ORDER BY id ASC LIMIT 0,10;

Number of rows is 0 for Resource id #45

Performing query: UNLOCK TABLES;

Performing query: SELECT id,title,url,description,rating,votes,validated,catid,sumofvotes,email,time,hits,numcomments,hide,ownerid,voterips,voterids,lastedit,type,filename,filetitle,notify,suspect,downloads,pendingedit,funds,suspended,alias,expire,ip,inalbum,typeorder,recipurl,hitsin,recipwith,hitsinips,hitsoutips,lastcomment,related,inhidden,viewers,threadviewers,hitsintemp,hitsouttemp,origtype,importance,parentids,timesdead,timesemailed,threadclosed,threadposters,xwidth,yheight,lastposterid,lastpostername,sticky,ownername,deleted,deletionreason,movedto,pollid,deletedby,posticon,timevalidated,filefield,tier,payoutamount,payouttype,payoutmore,investment,recurring,minpayout,payduration,paymethod,tracksoftware,availability,check,opened,rssfeed,businessphone,phone,skype,searchpayoutmore,meanpayoutamount,searchinvestment,searchminpayout,searchrecurring,affiliate,affiliateurl FROM wsnlinks_links WHERE id={LINKID} LIMIT 0,1;

Warning: mysql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/anmlmdirectory.com/public_html/classes/database.php on line 94

Mysql error while fetching row for :You have an error in your SQL syntax near '} LIMIT 0,1' at line 1

Performing query: UPDATE wsnlinks_links SET hits='1', hitsouttemp='1', importance='6' WHERE id=;

You have an error in your SQL syntax near '} LIMIT 0,1' at line 1

Performing query: SELECT id,title,url,description,rating,votes,validated,catid,sumofvotes,email,time,hits,numcomments,hide,ownerid,voterips,voterids,lastedit,type,filename,filetitle,notify,suspect,downloads,pendingedit,funds,suspended,alias,expire,ip,inalbum,typeorder,recipurl,hitsin,recipwith,hitsinips,hitsoutips,lastcomment,related,inhidden,viewers,threadviewers,hitsintemp,hitsouttemp,origtype,importance,parentids,timesdead,timesemailed,threadclosed,threadposters,xwidth,yheight,lastposterid,lastpostername,sticky,ownername,deleted,deletionreason,movedto,pollid,deletedby,posticon,timevalidated,filefield,tier,payoutamount,payouttype,payoutmore,investment,recurring,minpayout,payduration,paymethod,tracksoftware,availability,check,opened,rssfeed,businessphone,phone,skype,searchpayoutmore,meanpayoutamount,searchinvestment,searchminpayout,searchrecurring,affiliate,affiliateurl FROM wsnlinks_links WHERE alias= ;

You have an error in your SQL syntax near '' at line 1

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/anmlmdirectory.com/public_html/classes/database.php on line 108

Number of rows is for You have an error in your SQL syntax near '' at line 1

Performing query: UPDATE wsnlinks_settings SET content='338' WHERE name='totalhits';

You have an error in your SQL syntax near '' at line 1

Load time so far: 0.16 seconds.
Performing query: UPDATE wsnlinks_members SET totalhits='1', rating='0' WHERE id=0;

Setting cookie with name hits, value and duration 1123728512

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/anmlmdirectory.com/public_html/classes/database.php:276) in /home/anmlmdirectory.com/public_html/commonfuncs.php on line 439

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/anmlmdirectory.com/public_html/classes/database.php:276) in /home/anmlmdirectory.com/public_html/commonfuncs.php on line 448

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/anmlmdirectory.com/public_html/link.php on line 156

David
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Aug 10, 2005 - 10:03 PM:

replacing the {THELINK} with {DIRURL}/link.php?={LINKID} doesn't work.

I didn't tell you to replace it with {DIRURL}/link.php?={LINKID}. I'll assume though you did what I said and just wrote it wrong in your post, and check on it shortly.

Edit: Confirmed a problem with that, link variables only apply in the description, handled throught the rsstemplate language item.

In 3.23 you can pass useredirlin=1 in the url to make it use a link.php redirect. I'm not sure if that worked in previous versions.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.