failed login redir not working

Comments on Login Redirects

knotworking
Experienced

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 20
Total Comments: 83
Posted Jun 03, 2005 - 9:36 AM:

I'm trying to redirect failed logins but, when I enter a nonsense login name and password, I get a message stating "your account is still awaiting validation, you cannot login yet." It then takes me to the successful user login redirect.

Two things here: obviously I'd like to get the redirect working properly. The other issue is the message that appears about the account awaiting validation. I'd much rather have something saying "no match for that username/password combination," where can I change these messages?
knotworking
Experienced

Posted Jun 05, 2005 - 3:27 PM:

Just to be clear, I am using the redirects page in the admin panel. I've tried tweaking all the usergroup settings (I don't validate any members) but, I still get the awaiting validation message. Maybe I need to mess with the database field for validation....

(on second thought, that won't do anything. the usernames & passwords I've been entering don't exist in the database and, I'm still getting that message)
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Jun 09, 2005 - 8:08 AM:

The messages are in the language area of your admin panel, but it sounds like it's using the wrong message. Using 2.15? Will check.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Jun 09, 2005 - 10:18 AM:

In 2.15, typing in random username/pass gives "The password you supplied does not match the one for that username."
knotworking
Experienced

Posted Jun 09, 2005 - 5:26 PM:

AHhhh, I've figured it out. The passwordencoder help you gave me back in this post https://www.webmastersite.net/forums/thread/5061 was to use this code:

$password = $userpassword;

But, since my password field was user_password, I changed it to:

$password = $user_password;

Worked for logging in but, this was causing the problem with redirects. I removed the undercarriage(sp?) and, it's all working just fine.

Thanks for the feedback.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Jun 10, 2005 - 10:36 AM:

It shouldn't have worked for logging in, it's hard to see how it would. $userpassword is not a field name, it comes from the form element being submitted.
knotworking
Experienced

Posted Jun 12, 2005 - 2:42 PM:

I agree, I got kinda worried about that. I made several attempts to login using just a username and/or an incorrect password and it would not allow me access. Still, very strange. I had been logging in using that encoder up until the point I realized the solution to the redirect issue. How it could be finding and using the correct password field when it was wrong in the encoder file is a stumper.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.