Comments on Link sponsoship not working

TimJ
Beginner

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 1
Total Comments: 4
TimJ
Posted Apr 30, 2005 - 8:26 PM:

Hi all, as much as I like this script, I cannot get the link sponsorship working. I've searched and searched the forum but to no avail. I set up a new link type for sponsorship, I can edit a link and change it's type to "sponsored" no problem, it shows up where it's supposed to. However, if I set the funds to $0 it still stays as a sponsored link. I have set up a test paypal account using paypals "sandbox" testing enviroment, I login as a user who can move their link to the top, all that goes great but the funds are never added and thus the link never becomes sponsored. If I manually set the funds to $0, shouldn't the link become "regular" again? It isn't. Maybe I'm being dense and missing something but I've gone over this time and time again. Just doesn't work...HELP! www.webmastersite.net/forum...ult/images/smilies/eek.gif Thanks, Tim
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted May 01, 2005 - 8:57 AM:

If I manually set the funds to $0, shouldn't the link become "regular" again?

I'm not sure if it should, there's no reason for it to check links with no funds they'd already have been demoted. If you set to $0.01 and left it alone for a day it should though.

the funds are never added

Perhaps you don't have the IPN url set properly.
TimJ
Beginner

TimJ
Posted May 01, 2005 - 12:05 PM:

Paul wrote:
If I manually set the funds to $0, shouldn't the link become "regular" again?

I'm not sure if it should, there's no reason for it to check links with no funds they'd already have been demoted. If you set to $0.01 and left it alone for a day it should though.

the funds are never added

Perhaps you don't have the IPN url set properly.

What's the difference between the funds automatically reaching $0 and manually setting the funds to $0?

I did set the funds to $10 manually for a link, changed its type for the sponsorship but the funds never go down. It's been a few days and nothing. Should go down .25 a day.

I thought maybe the IPN url was wrong too but I don't think so.

Here's the IPN info:
Instant Payment Notification (IPN):On
Instant Payment Notification (IPN) URL:
http://www.automall.com/links/paypal.php The only thing I can think of is that when using Paypals "sandbox" testing enviroment, an additional variable (test_ipn) is sent with the IPNs with a value of 1. It is to provide a differentiation between real and test IPNs. Could this be why the link doesn't get funded?

Thanks for your help.
Tim
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted May 03, 2005 - 11:49 PM:

I've made a test sponsor link, will check it in a day.
TimJ
Beginner

TimJ
Posted May 04, 2005 - 12:27 AM:

Paul wrote:
I've made a test sponsor link, will check it in a day.

Thanks Paul. I apologize about the link not deducting, it actually is. Happens between 10pm-11pm sometime, not sure exactly. I assume that is the time I actually submitted the link???
We'll see if the link reverts to a 'regualr' type tonight. My other problem is with the Paypal issue of the link not getting funded, do you think it has to do with the "sandbox" testing enviroment? It really is the same thing as regular paypal except for that test_ipn variable.
Thanks for your help!
Tim
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted May 04, 2005 - 11:45 AM:

I assume that is the time I actually submitted the link???

No, it does the deductions for all links at once so it's just once every 24 hours from an essentially random point.

do you think it has to do with the "sandbox" testing enviroment?

Maybe, since the last time I tested it through paypal it was working and I haven't heard otherwise except in this thread, but I haven't used the sandbox much myself.

You could put

mail("you@yourdomain.com", "Test of IPN", "The paypal.php file was accessed.", "From: you@yourdomain.com");

just below

<?php

in paypal.php to see if it's really being called.
TimJ
Beginner

TimJ
Posted Jun 15, 2005 - 7:50 PM:

Paul wrote:
I assume that is the time I actually submitted the link???

No, it does the deductions for all links at once so it's just once every 24 hours from an essentially random point.

do you think it has to do with the "sandbox" testing enviroment?

Maybe, since the last time I tested it through paypal it was working and I haven't heard otherwise except in this thread, but I haven't used the sandbox much myself.

You could put

mail("you@yourdomain.com", "Test of IPN", "The paypal.php file was accessed.", "From: you@yourdomain.com");

just below

<?php

in paypal.php to see if it's really being called.

Paul, I added the e-mail code in paypal.php and the file is not being called as it should be. I tested it to make sure the paypal.php file was working and it sent the e-mail. I have the IPN pointed at the paypal.php file, I've checked it a zillion times. Is there anything else that might cause the sandbox enviroment to not let the IPN work correctly? I suppose I could just go ahead with a real paypal acount and hope it works. I was hoping to test it in the sandbox enviroment. Thanks, Tim
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Jun 16, 2005 - 10:31 PM:

I haven't used the sandbox for a long time, because it seemed to take forever to do anything in it, but are you sure you're using the right form code for it? The payment buttons for the real PayPal are different from the sandbox ones. But then, you'd have noticed if you were sending money to a real account instead of a test one I suppose so that probably isn't it. Well, check paypal's FAQs and see if they mention any tricks of getting IPN working in the sandbox.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.