greg
Beginner

Usergroup: Member

Total Topics: 1
Total Comments: 3
greg
Posted Jan 12, 2005 - 3:56 AM:

Hi!

I just purchased this script and i have to say that im pretty impressed by the functionalities.

But i have one question, even though im playing with my first install: for the reciprocal info, i want them to be my partner site, not my directory. So in "System Configuration" i could not find how to make it for now??

Is there a way to do it...actually the only problem is that when i enter my reciprocal info (the partners info) they become my directory info for user of course.

I'd apreciate a little help ! Thanks.
winstonford
Beginner

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 2
Total Comments: 8
Posted Jan 12, 2005 - 8:23 AM:

I have some clients who get confused by what reciprocal means. So just in case, reciprocal link is where another site links back to yours. Say your site is xxx.com and you have an entry for yyy.com in your links directory. yyy.com/links.htm might contain a link back to xxx.com. 'yyy.com/links.htm' is the reciprocal link page and can be checked going forward to ensure that the link back to your site remains active.

may not answer your question, but I thought i'd throw it out there.
greg
Beginner

greg
Posted Jan 12, 2005 - 1:47 PM:

No it doesn't answer my question but that's fine

I finally set a simple solution that is to change the page title.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Jan 13, 2005 - 5:40 AM:

I don't understand what the question was.
greg
Beginner

greg
Posted Jan 13, 2005 - 9:52 PM:

Hi paul,

My question was: I want people to link back, but to another site (my sponsor site). It is a simple 3 ways linking, and i could not figure out how to make it with WSN since in "Site Details:" you give information that can only be your own site.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Jan 14, 2005 - 2:26 PM:

I think you want the 'reciprocated with' field, if you're saying you want them to link to URL other than your site? Filling in 'reciprocated with' with x.com will make the recip link checker look for links to x.com instead of to your own y.com. If every submission is going to use the same 'reciprocated with' you could replace it with a hidden input field in the submission template specifying the URL. Or you could just simplify things by listing your homepage url as being the sponsor site, and it won't affect anything.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.